Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Why use Tag Keywords?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]
StephenMartin

Guru

Guru
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:53 pm

While using the "Add Keywords" wizard I see a "Add tags:" category. Why would I add tags to keywords? What purpose does "Tags" serve?

Maybe you could point me to an article...or website that would explain in detail the purpose of tagging keywords.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks much!

StephenMartin

Guru

Guru
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:06 pm

I'd really appreciate someone taking the time to explain this to me. Thanks so much.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:59 pm

StephenMartin wrote:
While using the "Add Keywords" wizard I see a "Add tags:" category. Why would I add tags to keywords? What purpose does "Tags" serve?

You can organize your keywords easily with the help of Tags. You may select the required group of keywords, right-click on them and select to 'Add tags to selected record(s)'. After that for your convenience you should add a column for Tags by right-clicking on any column`s name.

You`ll be able to enter any Tag in the Quick Search field to sort the keywords with any specific one. You may also use the Tags to separate the Reports for the groups of keywords within one project. You can do that by going to the Reports tab, there you should click to edit the report template, then go to Settings and enter the Tag(s) there:

Only the records with the specified Tag(s) will be included into the report.

Mark Warner

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:41 pm

they can be super useful if you start dealing with large numbers of keywords, especially if they are across a site with broad topics.

A great example of this would be to use brand tags or category tags for an ecommerce site. Say if you had lots of nike's, you could tag each product with a nike tag. Now if you want to see how all of your nike stuff is performing, you can just view by that tag. This is best because filtering by keyword doesn't capture everything, gong by URL doesn't capture everything.

StephenMartin

Guru

Guru
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:30 am

I know I'm late to the game here. I forgot I posted this until I saw it tonight. So sorry. Thanks for giving me the answer. Very much appreciated!

shimar123

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:46 am

In short, Meta tags are key things for all search engines that appear in the HTML code of a website page and tells the search engine what the page is about, and they are the first impression and point of contact for all search engines.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]