Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Why does spyglass show many link ?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]
kit

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:01 am

I have just download SpyGlass . Then i use just trial version .
I try many times i found that it always show so many links by yahoo as more then 15 hours to wait for more 5000 links . Then i can not wait the results.
But just 1 time , it show just about 1,000 link from yahoo . It is similar result as yahoo website link:mywebsite.

Why does show many links then the link command in yahoo ?
If not wait so long , it is good tools .
I have plan to buy it , but i don't sure about so long to wait .

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:15 pm

Quote:
Why does show many links then the link command in yahoo ?
If not wait so long , it is good tools.
Kit, please accept our apoligies for this problem (and sorry for the delayed reply :(). This happens because of Yahoo! keeping constantly changing its SERPs format.

The quick fix for you would be just to harvest info on the fisrt 1.000 links ONLY. After that you may click the "Stop" button, and be sure that you've got VALID INFO in your project.

As for us, we'll do our best to fix this in the nearest new release. Thanks for reporting this.

cyber49

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:44 pm

I've wondered about this as well. Running the software for hours and hours, does end up pointing out a lot of worthless links, with the PR zero. But if you stop the report early, does it give you only the highest value links? does it actually pull them in order? isn't there a danger of missing high-value inbound links if you stop the report early?

Is there a target date for version 3 yet?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Quote:
But if you stop the report early, does it give you only the highest value links?
No, SEO SpyGlass parses all links one by one without paying attention to their value.
Quote:
Is there a target date for version 3 yet?
Great question! :wink:

Firstly, your problem will be solved in SEO SpyGlass v.3 -- you'll be able to specify what exact factors do you want to check. For example, if PR is your major concern, you can select just PR -- and this will take you less then a minute(!) to gather all links and PRs for these pages. And after that you'll be able to collect any additional data like domain age, the number of outbound links, etc.

As for the release date, it comes closer and closer every day. The 3rd version is being already tested internally, so I think you'll be able to see the first public beta in about 1,5-2 weeks.

PS: and stop worring about PR -- it's definitely not everything in today's SEO :)

pramrd

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:58 pm

Yahoo Site Explorer shows about 1100 links but SEO Spyglass gives me over 42,000 links (which has me a bit worried that I will get a penalty from Google... building 42,000 links in a few months is a bit spammy).

In addition it basically hangs my computer after we get to about 1500 links analyzed. Chewing up about 430MB of RAM and absorbing 96% of processing power.

Need that new version very quickly.
Also ability to choose parameters.
Also nofollow links to be highlighted in a special way.
And reciprocal links too? (since reciprocal links have a different value assigned to them by Google.)

And although it doesn't parse the highest value links first doesn't Yahoo Site Explorer give higher value links first?

Anyway I'm just about to buy the registered version but need the link counts sorted out.

Can I beta test for you?
Thanks
Mark

cyber49

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:32 am

Now 3 weeks since you sais 1.5 to 2 weeks ;)

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi Mark,
Quote:
Need that new version very quickly.
Has been released yesterday. You sould see a notification as soon as you run your copy of SEO SpyGlass.
Quote:
Also ability to choose parameters.
Yep, will be in SEO SpyGlass v.3.0
Quote:
Also nofollow links to be highlighted in a special way.
And reciprocal links too? (since reciprocal links have a different value assigned to them by Google.)
Already in our TODO list. Thanks for the suggestion!
Quote:
And although it doesn't parse the highest value links first doesn't Yahoo Site Explorer give higher value links first?
I haven't heard of this. Have you any evidence of this?
Quote:
Can I beta test for you?
We'll be happy to see you as our beta tester. We'll send you a notification as soon as a publilc beta is available.

Thanks again. ;)

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:23 pm

Quote:
Now 3 weeks since you sais 1.5 to 2 weeks ;)
:lol: You're right, LOL :lol:

Frankly speaking, we had to postpone the release due to some technical problems. Sorry for that, guys. We don't want our users to use buggy software -- this is why we prefer to make it good enough before making it publicly available.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]