The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Why can I not remove false positives from the reports?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]
aehageman

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:33 am

I have been using web site auditor for some time now as the free version. Recently I have purchased several licenses for my team.
On our current project we have determined that we are finding many false positives.
For example
broken images that are not broken
Images that receive a 403 forbidden (when our other software does not have this issue) We can not duplicate.
External link with a 500 internal server error. Link works fine manually. clicking update page ranking factors does not remove the item.

I am currently clicking the update page ranking factors one by one and most of the issues are being removed. This is very time consuming. My settings, as far as I know, are set to go as slow as they can go. I will check and slow them down more.
However, when I click rebuild project I do NOT want to be clicking the update page ranking factors one by one again. Currently that is what is happening. I must start over removing false positives after I rebuild the project.

The next issue I see is with the ones that are not being removed that are false positives.
I do not want these false positives in my report, because I have verified manually they are not an issue.

I do not want to have a conversation with a client and then blame the issue on my software or some other technical issue. I would rather remove the item from the report, manually if necessary.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:23 am

Unfortunately, it is impossible to remove some specific records from the report. The only workaround we can offer you is to remove from the report the section that has those false positives, so they will not be reported at all.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]