Where to start? - Best way to compare my site to competitors
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]
scoopy

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi there

I would like some advice to as to the best way to compare my site against my competitors so I can get a broad brush stroke understanding on what areas of SEO (social, links, onsite etc) I need to focus on for my site.

I have the whole Link Assistant suite.

Thanks

Scoopy

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:27 am

scoopy wrote:
I would like some advice to as to the best way to compare my site against my competitors so I can get a broad brush stroke understanding on what areas of SEO (social, links, onsite etc) I need to focus on for my site.

Use SEO SpyGlass to compare your backlinks profiles. SpyGlass has the feature Project Comparison that allows you comparing different projects against most important factors. This way you will be able to see where exactly you leg behind your competitors in terms of backlinks.

Also, in Rank Tracker you can add competitors to your current project and check rankings for the same list of keyword. This way you will also be able to see how well your site is doing in search engines against your competitors.

scoopy

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Brilliant! Thanks! Just the advice I was wanting!

susan112

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:14 am

Thank you for the nice post and give latest information :) :)

lorencarls

Guru

Guru
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:28 am

You can also follow the following steps manually.

1) Visit your competitors' sites and analyze them
2) Analyze the keywords your competitors use
3) Check the backlinks
4) Check other SEO factors
5) Evaluate their presence on social media

Randhal007

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:43 pm

lorencarls wrote:
You can also follow the following steps manually.

1) Visit your competitors' sites and analyze them
2) Analyze the keywords your competitors use
3) Check the backlinks
4) Check other SEO factors
5) Evaluate their presence on social media

How do I know a backlink from our competitors site?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Randhal007 wrote:
How do I know a backlink from our competitors site?

Use SEO SpyGlass for that. This tools can check any website and show you the list of links that a website has.

Cityweb

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:39 pm

There are various tools available to check competitors back-links. Amongst them SEO Spy Glass is the best tool which provides detailed analysis about the competitor. It shows back-links domain along with the webpage connected in back-linking. Also it deals with SEO penaulty risk of every back-link.

ana.leonne

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:52 am

Is there option to show only links from website main pages? Reports often shows more than 20k links from one domain, it would be useful if I could highlight only the strongest pages, that is homepage and categories.

Thanks in advance

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:12 pm

ana.leonne wrote:
Is there option to show only links from website main pages? Reports often shows more than 20k links from one domain, it would be useful if I could highlight only the strongest pages, that is homepage and categories.

Thanks in advance

Such option has already been added to spyGlass. When you create a project at Step 3 there is an option to limit the number of links per domain:

So if you set the number to 1 you will see only 1 link per domain, not multiple sitewide links.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]