All times are UTC
What is Barnacle Marketing?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]
uniqueseo

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:18 am

It is a unethical seo techniques to make your search rankings go up but dont do it.

Rodney

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:10 pm

I recently spoke on a panel at SMX West on this very subject. How serendipitous!

Barnacle SEO can be described as "attaching oneself to a large fixed object and waiting for the customers to float by in the current."

In other words, by attaching your URL and address to a strong, trusted site, it takes very little to rank well for long-tail search phrases.

For instance, say you want to rank for "property damage Rhode Island." If you submit your site to various, trusted directories (Merchant Circle, Yellow Pages, Super Pages, etc) and perform some simple keyword focus, your listings can dominate the first page of Google.

I assure you, contrary to what pipground and uniqueseo said, there is absolutely nothing slimy or black hat about it. It is a great way to have low-paying small businesses rank well without shelling out tons of money they don't have.

If you want to read more about it, check out the Search Influence blog on the subject - http://www.searchinfluence.com/2011/01/ ... -original/

Also, our good friends at aimClear blogged about the session at which I spoke and go into some detail about it - http://www.aimclearblog.com/2011/03/09/ ... earch-2-0/

Let me know if you're still unclear about the subject and I can go into greater detail.

evaanscook

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:20 am

Barnacle Promotion is a advance SEO techniques. It has best features for better result.

cooperprice

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:22 am

Barnacle marketing is a one type of the marketing and it is very cheaper marketing method. Barnacle marketing is a very simple and easy marketing method.

sophia00

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 pm

It is nothing but Spamming techniques so we should not use it. It is an unethical SEO practice.

Last edited by sophia00 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yellowrain87

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:05 am

I agree. If we try, find a website that is not important as this technique is risky, I think

anirban09P

Small God

Small God
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:21 am

Barnacle Marketing is a advance SEO techniques. But i don't know what is it. Please if you know about this please tell me...

apenn

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:36 am

You must specify a subject when posting a new topic.

wordpress123

Senior

Senior
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:15 am

Barnacle SEO is a strategy that leverages the authority of top-ranking websites for highly competitive keywords to expand your brand, content, or products. It includes activities such as guest blogging, local listing profile optimization, review marketing, etc.

atocloud

Senior

Senior
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:10 am

Barnacle SEO has been known about for some time now, but it’s now making a relatively large comeback. Will Scott is attributed to having conceived the name as another phrase for “parasite SEO”.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]