Website Auditor - Pause/Resume ?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]
SEO_SOS

Senior

Senior
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Hi,

I can't see an option to pause a crawl. If I click stop and then start will it resume or start a complete new crawl?

Thanks

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 am

Quote:
I can't see an option to pause a crawl. If I click stop and then start will it resume or start a complete new crawl?

Sorry to tell you, there's no option to pause/resume the crawl. Each time you create or rebuild a project - the program starts crawling the site completely anew to collect and analyze all the currently existing pages and resources.

To speed the crawl up, you should enable the Expert options, and make sure to disable all the factors (apart from Page Content) in Step 3. All the other factors may be checked later, all together or by one.

SEO_SOS

Senior

Senior
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Quote:
Quote:

Sorry to tell you, there's no option to pause/resume the crawl. Each time you create or rebuild a project - the program starts crawling the site completely anew to collect and analyze all the currently existing pages and resources.

To speed the crawl up, you should enable the Expert options, and make sure to disable all the factors (apart from Page Content) in Step 3. All the other factors may be checked later, all together or by one.
Some servers won't allow crawling too quickly without blocking IP. Pause/resume woud be a very welcome features, other similar SEO crawlers have this features.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Quote:
Some servers won't allow crawling too quickly without blocking IP. Pause/resume woud be a very welcome features, other similar SEO crawlers have this features.

You can avoid that without pausing the crawling, simply click to 'Rebuild Project' and enable the Expert Options at the bottom right corner. In the next step please switch to the Speed section and limit the number of queries sent to the website to 1 per second:

This way the server should treat you with less suspicion and allow you to crawl a site in full.

Hope this helps!

mbourne

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:00 am

Quote:
Sorry to tell you, there's no option to pause/resume the crawl.
But you can pause and restart! This thread should be updated to reflect this.

Pausing is available by clicking the "page" icon next to the green progress bar while a crawl is going on. The crawler is very memory intensive and I have to pause it every 10 minutes or so otherwise my server spits its dummy.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:51 pm

Yes, that post was published 2 years ago, but the Pause button has already been added to the software, you may find it in the Task Manager:

https://sc.link-assistant.com/db/68d842 ... d214ef.png

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]