Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

VPN instead of proxies?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]
Kim

Senior

Senior
Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:05 pm

I have used proxies for a while, but keep having problems with them. They keeps getting reported dead after a while, and I have to refresh them about 10 times, before all my keywords has been checked.

I was wondering if a VPN could be used to check for keywords, or us it better to use proxies?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:27 am

Kim wrote:
I have used proxies for a while, but keep having problems with them. They keeps getting reported dead after a while, and I have to refresh them about 10 times, before all my keywords has been checked.

I was wondering if a VPN could be used to check for keywords, or us it better to use proxies?

Let me please explain that proxies are used in order to avoid temporary blocks from search engines.
Because when the software starts sending multiple requests from the same IP address the search engines will block the requests.
So one way or another if your project is quite big it's recommended using proxies but they should be Paid Private dedicated ones. Because free proxies quite often may perform poorly.

Kim

Senior

Senior
Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:16 pm

I already use paid proxies, the one you recommend.

I have about 100 keywords, but no matter what settings I use, they keep getting reported dead after 10-15 minutes. Then I have to refresh them and start over again. This I have to do about 10 times, before all the keywords has been checked.

That's why I was asking if a VPN could hide my IP, so I don't get blocked by Google, and I don't have to refresh my proxies.

Can I use a VPN, instead of proxies ?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Kim wrote:
I already use paid proxies, the one you recommend.

I have about 100 keywords, but no matter what settings I use, they keep getting reported dead after 10-15 minutes. Then I have to refresh them and start over again. This I have to do about 10 times, before all the keywords has been checked.

That's why I was asking if a VPN could hide my IP, so I don't get blocked by Google, and I don't have to refresh my proxies.

Can I use a VPN, instead of proxies ?

In order to fix the problem with dead proxies you just need to increase the timeout period.
For that, please, go to Preferences -> Misc. Global Settings and insert 60 in the Request Timeout section:

https://sc.link-assistant.com/db/252adb1 ... a34732.png

Sure, you can use VPN, but in this case search engines will block VPN proxy and not your IP address. That's why if the project is big the captchas and proxies will be required. In this case search engines will block VPN proxy and not your IP address.

Lisa333

Senior

Senior
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:53 pm

Personally I prefer using VPN. It allows me to protect my data, unblock some geo-restricted services and sites and browse safely. Also I noticed that VPN is usually cheaper than proxies. If you want to find out more benefits of using VPN, I recommend to take a look at the article on https://www.firesticktricks.com/why-use-vpn.html. It persuaded me to choose exactly VPN, maybe you will also find it useful.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]