Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

very slow scan
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]
steviemac50

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:10 pm

I have noticed in the past few weeks that the rank tracker 'check rankings' takes ages to run now.

What used to take 10 minutes to run and report takes like 40 minutes almost to run!

What is the issue?

Thanks

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:46 pm

The reason is that now Rank Tracker is equipped with the internal anti-block system that is checking rankings in Google via our servers to prevent your IP from becoming blocked and to avoid Google captchas. That is why we set special pauses on our side for all incoming requests to prevent the system overloading, that is why the average checking time has increased.

Yoloster

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Quote:
The reason is that now Rank Tracker is equipped with the internal anti-block system that is checking rankings in Google via our servers to prevent your IP from becoming blocked and to avoid Google captchas. That is why we set special pauses on our side for all incoming requests to prevent the system overloading, that is why the average checking time has increased.

Is there any way to disable that feature? I need to check tons of keywords and I dont want to wait a 10 min per kw.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:25 am

You may disable the anti-block system under the Preferences - Search Safety Settings menu:

http://prntscr.com/hsdk7y

But note, that in this case all requests will be sent via your direct IP, so you will have to deal with Google captchas to be able to complete the rank checking task.

steviemac50

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:32 am

Quote:
ok, thanks for reply. that probably,makes sense

steviemac50

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Quote:
I think this also depends on your internet connection speed. :)
actually I don't think this is the issue I am having anyway, I am on fibre optic fast broadband...its clearly an issue on the link assistant side, as the admin described - they are slowing the process down it seems intentionally

steviemac50

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:31 pm

it now takes around an hour or more to run, eg 800 keywords.

steviemac50

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Quote:
Quote:
I think this also depends on your internet connection speed. :)
actually I don't think this is the issue I am having anyway, I am on fibre optic fast broadband...its clearly an issue on the link assistant side, as the admin described - they are slowing the process down it seems intentionally
correction, its now an hour and a half in to a scan, and it's still only done 25% ! This is getting worse...can you advise on this please, Link-assistant? :(

csocially

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:43 pm

This has only been happening to me for the past 5 days or so that I’ve noticed, but my keyword scan is incredibly slow. I have 3 projects that scan everyday at the same time. It used to take 30 minutes to run all three. It’s been over 5 hours & it’s still "working" though the progress doesn’t update for long stretches of time. Something is up -- please advise if this can be fixed.

steviemac50

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:08 pm

yes in fact now it has slowed to a halt. It ran for 6 hours, got to 51% and then it gave up.

Can you please advise Link-assistant?

What is wrong with the ranking scans?

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]