Guru
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:08 pm

Whats new in this update?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:25 am

Quote:
Whats new in this update?
The latest minor update of Rank Tracker doesn't contain any new features -- this is just a hot-fix for the Yahoo! search engine, which algorithm was changed recently.

P.S. we're working on making the change list available before update. Thanks, BILZ ;)

P.P.S. since the next major version of RT updates will be downloaded automatically right from withing the program, so you won't have to re-download and re-install the full version.

BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:54 pm

Quote:
the next major version of RT updates will be downloaded automatically right from withing the program, so you won't have to re-download and re-install the full version.
That sounds like a good new feature. Any idea when the new release (with added features) will be? I am anxious to see if any of my feature requests will be added.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:27 pm

Quote:
Any idea when the new release (with added features) will be?
Yes, public beta-testing will be started next week.
Quote:
I am anxious to see if any of my feature requests will be added.
Some of them will be added, and some of them will be added a bit later.

BILZ, I know that your major concern is how Rank Tracker can work with hundreds of projects at once. I hope you understand that not many people who use Rank Tracker track rankings for 170+ sites like you do. That is why we must make changes required by most users first. We do think that your ideas and suggestions are just GREAT (we really do, and we apreciate your help VERY MUCH), but we're just humans, and we can't do everything at once. so we have to postpone some things and add some of the requested features a bit later. And I may asure you that every day we do everything possible to add as many useful features as possible as soon as possible. :?

Thank you for understanding,
The Link-Assistant.Com Team

BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:46 pm

Quote:
BILZ, I know that your major concern is how Rank Tracker can work with hundreds of projects at once. I hope you understand that not many people who use Rank Tracker track rankings for 170+ sites like you do. That is why we must make changes required by most users first. We do think that your ideas and suggestions are just GREAT (we really do, and we apreciate your help VERY MUCH), but we're just humans, and we can't do everything at once. so we have to postpone some things and add some of the requested features a bit later. And I may asure you that every day we do everything possible to add as many useful features as possible as soon as possible
No worries. I realize that not all my suggestions are going to be a priority, and that some may be too time consuming to realize anytime soon. I'm quite happy with the product as it currently is...I shopped around extensively before purchasing and found it to offer the best features.

I hope you haven't been disgruntled by my frequent feature requests, I simply see alot of potential in this software and how it could really be a product that makes a big impact on the SEO industry. That being said, I'll continue to offer my suggestions - knowing that some might be implemented and some will not.

Thanks, keep up the great work.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:19 am

BILZ,
THANKS! Thanks a lot for all your help and suggestions, and patience... :oops:

Would be really great to see you (and your suggestions :idea: ) here again and again! :D

snobba

Senior

Senior
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:24 pm

Any chance of getting in on the publicly beta testing? I am checking huge list all the time so I think I would be useful..

One feature that I REALLY miss is that I can't check the number of searches without checking the KEI..couldn't you just add a function that JUST checks the no of searches?

Thanks / Martin

BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:08 pm

Quote:
One feature that I REALLY miss is that I can't check the number of searches without checking the KEI..couldn't you just add a function that JUST checks the no of searches?
That sounds a bit like what i was talking about here: viewtopic.php?t=624

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:59 pm

Quote:
Quote:
That sounds a bit like what i was talking about here: viewtopic.php?t=624
Yep, true...

Please, guys, could you explain me once again: what is the purpose of checking the number of searches ONLY?

Look, to calculate KEI we need
  • a) number of searches
    b) competition
Number of searches is the most time consuming process, while it takes just a fraction of second to obtain the competition value, plus it takes almost no traffic at all.

So what's the purpose of getting the number of searches ONLY?.. I really do not understand this :(:(:(

BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:37 pm

Quote:
So what's the purpose of getting the number of searches ONLY?.. I really do not understand this :(:(:(
The main purpose for this would be to speed the process. However, if this wouldn't improve the speed much it may be a moot point.

In addition to this, knowing the number of pages "competing" doesn't really tell you much about the competition and therefore isn't really useful info. There may a million other website competing for this keyword, but if the pages aren't optimized for that keyword - it shouldn't be difficult to get good rankings. This is why i suggested the feature to be able to search "competing" websites that include the keywords in their title tag: viewtopic.php?t=626 (among other data about the competition) - This would give a much better indication of how competitive the rankings are for that keyword.

I hope that helps explain it better.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]