upset at update plans
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]
jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:18 am

I have a few questions.
I see I need to update my live plan & when I clicked on the link I got pretty pissed.

1. Is that I bought this while on beta and really IMO you shouldn't be charging that plan until it's a full release.

2. I bought the enterprise version so I could send customer print outs & forked out the extra $200 for it.

So the difference over the pro version and the enterprise version is basically the ability to print out the reports & there is no other major feature(s) that you get for buying and/or upgrading the enterprise version. (I also have the pro version)

So here is what pisses me off....
12 month update plans:
Pro: $79
Enterprise: $246

So when you update either of these you get the same updates but you are charging WAY more for the enterprise even though you are only getting the same updates. I have already paid the premium for the better version and this update feels like I am being taken advantage of. I have paid 3x more than a pro licensed user and for my reward I get to continue to pay more & I have a problem with that when I am only getting the same updates as pro user. I could understand if you got updated features but to have to pay more to use features that aren't updated and have already been paid for is silly.

Don't get me wrong, I love your products and I own them all & was getting ready to upgrade to the enterprise version of rank tracker but if it is being charged like this then I will start looking at other tools.

You support has been awesome but I hope you can see why I am upset over this.

InternetDominus

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 am

Again I support this:

Read post here: live-plan-for-beta-version-t978.html

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Jamwerx,

thanks for sharing your opinion.

The thing is that the search engine "tuning" costs exactly as much as is being charged for such "tuning" for the ENT. However, we decided for the present not to make it as expensive for the PRO, because most PRO users don't use our software for commercial purposes. That is why there is such a span between the PRO and the ENT, - we try to keep our tools affordable for the PRO users, even at the cost of not making money on them.

I hope you understand this, and thanks a lot for using our software, by the way! Please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail if you have any specific sales-related questions, we'd be really happy to help a long-term customer 8)

InternetDominus, I've left a reply in your thread.

jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Quote:
"if you have any specific sales-related questions, we'd be really happy to help a long-term customer"
Sure... you could charge me the same amount for my updates as you do for the pro users since they spent $47 - $87 with you and I have spent $400-$500 probably. I'm not going to pay $167 more than a pro user for the same update after I spent $200 more for the ability to print the results.

I will go get http://www.advancedwebranking.com/ before I pay that much more than a pro user. Hell their update is only $119 a yr for enterprise and it looks like it covers everything and your enterprise updates are $738 a year so thats $618 more a year which is almost 85% higher lol

This is why people pirate apps
Quote:
we try to keep our tools affordable for the PRO users, even at the cost of not making money on them.
Come on now... I'm not a 10 year old. I bet you make way more off of the pro version, that's just common business, You just need to find the balance of being affordable enough for everyone but not screwing your bigger customers at the same time & right now you are not there. Times are getting tough and I bet you are losing customers already. And the fact that it is damn near impossible to find the live plan costs on the site which just says that you want to be sneaky about it.

Like I said before make 1 update for all the products at $99yr and you will get customers instead of pushing them away. I guarantee you would make more $$ that way.

Well I do appreciate the answer but, I don't buy it all, if anything you need to charge the pro users more and the enterprise ones less. Basically you are rewarding the people who don't spend as much $$ with you and then making up for that "loss" by charging the people who pay you the most more $$.

And you aren't saying they are different updates, so if a user has all your tools they are paying 4 times for the same update file.

I don't even use these a lot since if you build a site right with nice hand coding and a little common sense you do just fine. I just want it to print out things for customers & I only do it for a few.

you can think think about how you do it all you want and think it's ok but it's a jacked plan.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:06 pm

Quote:
I will go get http://www.advancedwebranking.com/ before I pay that much more than a pro user. Hell their update is only $119 a yr for enterprise and it looks like it covers everything and your enterprise updates are $738 a year so thats $618 more a year which is almost 85% higher lol
Well all I can say is that you are obviously free to do that. They can do it cheaper, we can not, but i doubt the quality they provide. We know our pros and cons, as well as pros and cons of our competitors, and I am almost sure you will be coming back after trying that software.

What upsets you most is the general cost of the enterprise version. But you do not seem to take into account that this is the version used by SEO companies and stand-alones, who can sell a single report generated by our software for $1 K and compensate all the expenses within a week.

Sorry again that all this came as such a surprise.

jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:23 am

Quote:
What upsets you most is the general cost of the enterprise version.
No, I have said MANY FRICKING times that I DO NOT MIND THE ADDITIONAL COST FOR THE ENT GUI.

What I mind is after I pay that additional cost you then charge me almost 4x as much for the same update as a pro user gets. Just because I pay more to get the ent gui features doesn't mean you should charge 4x as much for the update "just because".

And your explanation of this all basically says that you would rather reward your customers who spend the minimum with you and penalize your customers who spend the most.

When I have a customer who spends 4x what the other customers pay you can bet your ass that I make sure they don't pay anywhere near as much as the other customers for additional work. But if I used your logic I should charge them 4x as much.

Again you can do what you want but you will lose customers. If you look at the companies who don't do this they stay in business and the ones who do it like this end up flipping burgers.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]