Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Timed out again!!!
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]
Raptor235

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:48 am

I bought a version of this sotware and it timed out on me again... I haven't seen yahoo working in a week now... is there anyway wordtracker could be integrated so that the keyword can work with a paid account in word tracker?

Goosh

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:09 am

Yahoo is a little bit agressive with regards to "automated requests".

I have been having problems with it (checking with a manual search and seeing if I get the dreaded 999 error).

Unfortunately I don't think that RankTracker is actually checking Yahoo.co.uk (The Web) very well. The reason for this is because I don't have the 999 error and can do manual searching just fine, yet Rank Tracker doesnt return a result (even a not in top 100).

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:28 pm

I am also experiencing this. It leads me to think also that Overture knows the difference between a manual and an automated request, possibly as stated above because of the number of requests, although I am getting timed out on single requests too.

I just came here to ask what the latest is on a solution to this from Rank Tracker and see Im not the only one so it seems to be a high priority for a number of us for sure.

The KEI is a really valuable feature, just a manual entry for now would help a bit.

Thanks

Raptor235

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:36 pm

I think word tracker tie in is essential... any seo pro would agree... I hope they take this to heart since yahoo is so unreliable .

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:25 pm

Quote:
I think word tracker tie in is essential... any seo pro would agree... I hope they take this to heart since yahoo is so unreliable .
Thanks for raising the question once again. We know you're right. :oops: And we keep trying to add a WordTracker support into Rank Tracker.

However, we've got some rather big technical problems we must solve to make WordTracker intagration available. I may asure you that guys from our development team are doing their best to add this functionality ASAP. :idea:

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:05 pm

if you can get out a manual entry feature in some way asap that would help when we can get access via a browser to Overture.

Many thanks LA

BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:52 pm

Quote:
I dont agree. Wordtracker has weak data and mostly useless "KEI" reporting. The best option is the google keywords tool.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:14 am

Im not a fan of Google's keywords tool as it doesn't provide data, just a graphic illustration so no volumes can be compared to other keywords or even KEI figures. Plus it has a manual security check required to stop automated searches (although I've no idea how effective they are, or if an api type of agreement can be made)

Raptor235

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Good to hear that you guys are listening... as far as yahoo goes... something must be wrong with word tracker... I also own a license of keyword elite and they're using yahoo to find how many people search for keywords and their tool is working fine while rank tracker is timing out... so there is something going on...

BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:16 pm

im not having any trouble with yahoo. You sure it isnt something on your end?

UPDATE: Yahoo isnt working for me either... :(

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]