Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Specific Forum Stream
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]
giraffeservices

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:09 am

Is there a way, or will be in feature, of adding specific forum that is based on supported platforms like phpbb2,3 etc.. and creating a feed from a specific forum or group of forums?

Thanks
Kris

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:58 pm

giraffeservices wrote:
Is there a way, or will be in feature, of adding specific forum that is based on supported platforms like phpbb2,3 etc.. and creating a feed from a specific forum or group of forums?

Yes, there's such an option.

To create a feed from a specific forum or group of forums, you need to set up a new filtering condition for the working area.

Please go to 'Preferences' - 'Manage Workspaces' - 'Streams' - select the workspace you are working with - click 'Edit' - select the 'Add Filter' option - follow the software wizard.

Is that the option you are looking for? If not, please provide us with more details on how you would like to organize data in your working area.

paulms

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:31 pm

I followed your instructions, but I don't see how to create a stream that monitors keywords only from specific forums.

For instance, let's say I want to monitor mentions keywords in a specific
keyword group

ONLY from
Forum 1
Forum 2
Forum 3
Forum 4
Forum 5

But no other forums.

Is it possible to this?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:00 pm

paulms wrote:
For instance, let's say I want to monitor mentions keywords in a specific
keyword group

All you need to do to be able to monitor mentions of the keywords in a specific
keyword group is:

- Click the 'Add Stream(s)' button on the main toolbar;
- in the 'Keyword Groups' drop-down choose the keyword group you need;
- In the 'Social media involved' field choose 'Forums';
- Click 'OK'.

That's basically it.

paulms

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 am

I'm not sure what you mean. That option says it will track mentions across millions of forums. What if I only want to track the mentions across 5 specific forums of my choosing?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:31 pm

paulms wrote:
That option says it will track mentions across millions of forums. What if I only want to track the mentions across 5 specific forums of my choosing?

Thanks for clarification! :idea:

To be able to monitor the mentions across only 5 specific forums, please follow he instructions below:

- Click the 'Add Stream(s)' button on the main toolbar;
- click on the green cross button next to the 'Keyword Groups' drop-down;
- in the menu that opens, please specify your keywords and in the 'Website' field enter the URL of any forum you want to monitor;
- Click 'OK' .

then

- Go to the 'Keyword Group' tab;
- Choose the keyword group you have just created;
- Click 'Edit;
- in the menu that opens add the URLs of the other 4 forums you need to monitor.
- Click OK.

That's basically it.

giraffeservices

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Great to see Link-Assistant people taking time to answer questions.
I have to admit that development of BuzzBundle is looking great.

Unfortunately there always have to be BUT especially if we talking about beta version.

I would like to refer to latest answer from Link-Assistant.

You've misunderstood paulms, he as well as me, was asking if you can monitor CONTENT from only 5 forums, not mentions of them 5 URLs!!
So in other words, we are not interested to know if someone is mentioning a specific forum on another forum, but being able to pull content ONLY from a specific forum.

I want to be able to follow only let say, BikeRadar.com forum. I would love to create stream to view only mentions of "Mountain Bike" keyword on BikeRadar.com/forums. In this example I am not interested in mentions of BikeRadar.com url on 1000s other forums but only in threats on BikeRadar.com that are talking about mountain bikes.

I have to admit that I am coming to conclusion, that Link-Assistant had great idea but missed the crucial point.

I'll explain. It looks like you are building a tool for dropping one time responses and then promote them on Twiiter, Facebook, G+ and LinkedIn. That is borderline spamming (ScrapeBox syndrome). This days in SEO you have to become an authority in your niche. Therefore, being able to stick to one, two, possibly 5 websites / blogs / forums is essential. When I am leaving a comment on blog or forum response I am interested to see replies to my comment. To become expert in BikeRadar.com community I need to be able to monitor mentions of "Mountain Bike" keyword on BIkeRadar.com/forums and then reply with great answer to person who asked the question. That way he will know who is the daddy and then I can refer people to my links I am gradually serving them.

Dropping one liners, with links and never being able to follow that response is pretty bad idea this days.

If I am able to persuade your team to angle your tool better towards building authority on chosen websites I can see you making great impact on many SEOs who don't want only find related posts/threats and spam them with semi-related comment with a link.

I do understand that finding Buzz is the tool's heart. Thats great. But that should be only for finding best forums, blogs you want to participate in and take it from there and concentrate efforts on building authority which is only humanly possible on few domains not 1000s. Then spreading word on social platforms like Twitter / F / G+ and Linked is great way to promote your involvement in specific communities.

I hope that this helps in some ways and finally you will understand what I and paulms are talking about.

Regards
Kris

paulms

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:14 am

Bingo! You nailed it on the head. To repeat:

"I have to admit that I am coming to conclusion, that Link-Assistant had great idea but missed the crucial point.

I'll explain. It looks like you are building a tool for dropping one time responses and then promote them on Twiiter, Facebook, G+ and LinkedIn. That is borderline spamming (ScrapeBox syndrome). This days in SEO you have to become an authority in your niche. Therefore, being able to stick to one, two, possibly 5 websites / blogs / forums is essential. When I am leaving a comment on blog or forum response I am interested to see replies to my comment. To become expert in BikeRadar.com community I need to be able to monitor mentions of "Mountain Bike" keyword on BIkeRadar.com/forums and then reply with great answer to person who asked the question. That way he will know who is the daddy and then I can refer people to my links I am gradually serving them."

In other words, ,there's a huge difference between "replying" and "engaging". Engagement is what REALLY matters. BuzzBundle seems to be missing the mark as an engagement tool.

I'm still optimistic based on how the other tools from link-assistant have evolved.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:50 pm

Hello paulms and giraffeservices,

thanks for the detailed clarifications and explanations.

paulms wrote:
In other words, ,there's a huge difference between "replying" and "engaging". Engagement is what REALLY matters. BuzzBundle seems to be missing the mark as an engagement tool.

As we said, at the moment BuzzBundle doesn't work with Internet forums on an individual basis. The tool approaches them by the type. Our software identifies the platform behind the forum (e.g. phpBB, phpBB3, vBulletin 3, vBulletin 4, etc.) and proceeds further according to an algorithm it has for this platform. But unfortunately there's no option to focus on specific forums now.

But adding the option you have described would be really great and help you improve the engagement rate.

We have passed your suggestions to our business analysts for consideration. Hopefully, they will be approved by the team and such a feature will appear in one of the future versions of our software.

Once again, thanks for your valuable input!

:)

P.S.

paulms wrote:
It looks like you are building a tool for dropping one time responses and then promote them on Twiiter, Facebook, G+ and LinkedIn. That is borderline spamming (ScrapeBox syndrome).

This is the only point we dare to disagree with. :wink:

BuzzBundle is just a tool that lets you in running your SMM campaign. But the choice of methods you exercise in it depends totally on you.

You may use the software to drop one time responses, spam social media with links, etc. etc.

OR

You may use the tool to make meaningful posts, communicate with your customers and make their experience of using your product or service better, shape your online reputation and form the positive image of your brand all over the Web.

:)

giraffeservices

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:15 pm

LinkAssistant wrote:
You may use the tool to make meaningful posts, communicate with your customers and make their experience of using your product or service better, shape your online reputation and form the positive image of your brand all over the Web.

... and this is exactly what we would like to do but to do that, we still have to wait for further development.

I have to admit that some of my comments, sounds quite negative and that bothers me a bit as I am big fan of your software, especially SEO PowerSuite. On top of that, I have to say that I feel quite privileged that my comments might influence further development of Buzz Bundle. I want this software to be great and helpful.

So in the mean time, while waiting for future updates, I wish your developers to have as little distractions as possible and great tasting coffe!

Cheers
Kris

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]