Sorting changed??
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
snobba

Senior

Senior
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:27 am

Hi there,

In earlier versions I could always copy paste keyword from for example Wordtracker and it is added in the order I imported them. Now it is all sorted alphabathicly causing a lot of copy paste problems when importing it back in Excel..As they are by wordtracker sorted by traffic..

Why did you change this? And are you going to add a function so it DOESNT sort?

Thanks / Martin

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Hm... I'm afraid, I don't quite get the question :( As far as I know, we haven't added any new functionality into this module for quite a long time :?

Could you please give more detailed description of the problem (with real examples, if possible)?

Thanks a lot.

snobba

Senior

Senior
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Hmmm, something have changed though...

Ok, lets explain...I do a list in Wordtracker(which is sorted on amount of traffic)..I copy this list and want to add this one and check rankings on those keywords..paste it in add keywords..Now all the keywords are sorted alphabetically which I really do not want as I want to take that list and copy paste it together with the traffic numbers I have from Wordtracker..

I have done this before but now it doesnt work anymore(i did it a few updates ago btw)..

Thanks / Martin

P.S. and I cant sort the list from wordtracker alphabetically before I paste it in RT and then sort back with the traffic column as I always add new keywords in WT together with the Wordtracker list..

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Oh, we were checkking all possible combinations to reproduce this. and we didn't succeed... ;(

OK, I think we need more detailed info here... Please answer these questions:

1) Do you use a free version of Wordtracker, or a paid one?

2) Do you use Excel as an intermediate step when you copy/paste data? I.e., as far as I understand, you select a list of keywords on Wordtracker's page and copy then, then paset this into Excel (in two columns), then select just one column in Excel, copy it and paste it into Rank Tracker... Right?

3) Do you say that as soon as you click the add button, and see the "Enter your keywords (one entry per line)" text area, you hit Ctrl+V to paste your data, and the data is being sorted RIGHT INSIDE THIS TEXT AREA, right?

4) Do you run Rank Tracker on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux?

Waiting for your reply,
LinkAssistant

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]