The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Something isn't right about SEO Spyglass.
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]
Upstager

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:31 am

I came here just to ask some questions about SEO Spyglass but I can see that I'm not alone in my concerns. I am an owner of Web Auditor, which I like. I've been considering purchasing the suite but I wanted to test things out a little first.

I just saw another thread about someone saying SEO SG only utilizing links from 5 or 6 years ago and a mod saying that was untrue because links only last a year and compared SEO SG with Majestic or Ahrefs. That gave me a chuckle.

Well, I have to say, my domain is 9 years old and SG is only showing me as having 77 backlinks and of those the majority of them are 5+ yeas old and half of those sites dont even exist anymore.

Ahrefs shows me as having over 4,000 backlinks.

So I have to ask, where is SEO Spyglass pulling the backlink profiles from?

This is honestly a little disturbing and if I would have realized this after purchasing a license, I'd be furious.

Anyone care to shed some real light on this?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:08 am

SEO SpyGlass collects backlinks from our internal database. We have a web-crawler that is instantly scanning the Internet and finds approximately 15 billion links per day. So all the links are added to the database and this is where SpyGlass takes the results from. But when you create a project please make sure that you select to use exactly WebMeUp Backlink tool which is located in the USA category. Because if you disable this option SEO SpyGlass will only provide you with the results taken from search engine indexes and they can be really few.

Upstager

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:10 pm

I added all SE's in your list and I ended up with about 30 more backlinks than before.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Can you send me a private message and indicate what domain you are checking?

1niner

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:41 am

upstager - any followup?

i'm thinking of purchasing the tool

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]