Social Signals Source & Increases
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
msj484

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello,

I have been using Link Assistant to pull the social signals from competitors in the SERPs; specifically Google +1, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I have two questions:

1) Where do or how do you get the numbers that you report on?

2) How often do you update them? I ask this question because about 3 months ago I would increase my mentions, likes, and tweets for a given domain and once i re-ran those figures in Link Assistant... those metrics would improve. However in the last 30-40 days it seems these metrics are not being updated with the link assistant software.

If you answer the above two questions, I can figure out how to have better social signals than some of my largest competitors. I look forward to your reply. Thanks.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:14 pm

msj484 wrote:
1) Where do or how do you get the numbers that you report on?

2) How often do you update them? I ask this question because about 3 months ago I would increase my mentions, likes, and tweets for a given domain and once i re-ran those figures in Link Assistant... those metrics would improve. However in the last 30-40 days it seems these metrics are not being updated with the link assistant software.

The social metrics are taken directly from the external services. The software sends API requests to the services and collects the metrics into the project. So, if your metric is not updated there can be 2 reasons:
1) either the metric really has't changed since the last update
2) the software failed to receive any information from the services. In most cases the error log should contain the reason why this happened, You can send your project to us and we will have a look at it, just open the Help menu - choose Send Project to Support and in the comments briefly give description to the problem.

christina21maria

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:12 am

I have sent a request to support and supplied the project but have not received any notification of the progress or what is being done to fix it?

Linked in is a prime social media comms channel!

I'm using the latest version on a Max and would like

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Quote:
I have sent a request to support and supplied the project but have not received any notification of the progress or what is being done to fix it?

We have checked in our system and I`m afriad we haven`t received any projects from your email address. Would you please let us know if you have used another email address, or you may simply send the project once again, to do so please open it and click 'Help=>Send Project to Support', then describe the issue in brief in the comments area. We will get back to you with a solution asap!

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]