Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Slower and slower
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
hasen

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:01 pm

To be honest SEO Spyglass is getting slower and slower for me every update. I started an analysis of a not too huge site where less than a thousand backlinks would be gathered and after about 4 hours it still had six hours left on the clock to go! I realise I don't have the fastest computer in the world but I thought the idea was it could analyse sites in a matter of minutes...

It takes so long these days I actually rarely use it.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:24 am

I can say absolutely for sure that we're not making changes that affect productivity of SEO SpyGlass. The speed at which it collects data largely depends on your Internet connection.
To save your time collecting data, please use "Expert options". They let you choose to collect not the whole scope of data, but only those you need (ex. PageRank and Alexa Rank etc.)

Expert options are availble when you clich the "Update" button and when you create a new project (to activate Expert options, tick the ckeckbox at the bottom of "Select the Search Engines" window).

hasen

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Well even with all options turned off so it just pulls back page rank etc and no other details it still takes 2 hours to do 900 links. I have a 2MB connection.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:04 pm

Quote:
Well even with all options turned off so it just pulls back page rank etc and no other details it still takes 2 hours to do 900 links. I have a 2MB connection.
Do you have "Human Emulation" turned on?

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]