Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

SEO SPYGLASS cannot show Chinese Charactors
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]
amyzhao

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:52 am

Hi When I try to use the SEO spyglass to analysis my site, the software cannot show all the Chinese Charactors in title tag, meta tag and anchor text, which makes the report uneadable.

I am using windows XP on an English OS, but I have set the language as Chinese (Singapore), and it still not work.

Please help me with the situation and I really appreciate.

Asiaplay

Small God

Small God
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:12 am

Hi Amy,

新年快乐!

Ok - Chinese is working well for us (and others I know) on a Windows XP, English operating system... so it must be one of the settings you have used, which is causing the problem...

Did you also do the following:-

a) Under "Control Panel" -> "Regional and language options" -> "languages" tab -> "Details" button... Add a Chinese input method (e.g. Pin Yin, USA Keyboard)?

b) Under "Control Panel" -> "Regional and language options" -> "languages" tab -> "Suppliemental language support" area... ticked the box to "Install files for East Asian languages" (and if you like, you could also tick the box to "Install files for complex script right to left languages including thai - but that is more for arabic, hebrew, thai etc. than for Chinese)

c) Under "Regional and language options" -> "Advanced" tab ... Choose "Chinese PRC" as the area... (logically this shouldn't be needed, as seo-spyglass uses UTF-8, but I have done this as part of my settings - so thought I would mention this incase it has an effect).

d) Rebooted your computer with these new settings and updated Java (i.e. "Control Panel" -> "Java" -> "Update" tab... click on updata now button...

Lastly, is it only SEO-Spyglass that is not showing Chinese "data" for you (or also the other link-assistant softwares)?

Cheers, Asiaplay

yivankevin

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi,

my OS: windows7 professional english version

I have installed chinese(PRC) input method and my system locale as been setup as Chinese Smiplified(PRC).

My location is United Kingdom (but i don't think this is a relevat settings to SEO-Powershuit)

Initially, all 4 software have problem on showing Chinese chactors on my PC when they crawling chinese website for the title, description keyword tags and keywords as well.

I am not quite sure why this happend, but when i using other chinese software such as QQ, sogou input etc, IE(chinese version), or visting chinese website, the chinese characters can be showed properly.

I also use WebCEO, and it handles Chinese charactors very well.

I guess it must be the software's encode issue.

It will be great if you can look into it. If you need any suggestion regarding handle asian charactors, I may have a deep look for you guys.

You can contact me if you want by feiya123@gmail.com

Thanks,

Feiya
http://www.yivanetwork.com

Asiaplay

Small God

Small God
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi Feiya,

Please try the following and let me know if it works?

a) Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language settings -> "Regional Options" tab... for the drop down box, change "Select an Item to mach it's preferences, or Click customize to choose your own formats" and choose "Chinese (Singapore)".
Note: this is required for Java to work with Chinese.
Reboot your computer.

b) If doing a) does not fix the problem then please try the following:-
Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language settings -> "Regional Options" tab... for the drop down box, please change "To help services provide you with local information, such as news and weather, please change your present location:" and choose "Hong Kong S.A.R."
Reboot your computer...

Please let me know if using one or both of these settings works for you?

Cheers - Asiaplay

yivankevin

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:54 am

Hi Asianplay,

Can I ask if your windows is Chinese version?

I don't want change my location to Singapore.

I trust you found the way to get around it, but I don't think this the right way to make it support Chinese.

Please contact my MSN : yivauk@gmail.com

Thanks,

Feiya

Asiaplay

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:25 am

Hi Feiya,

In answer to your questions...
a) Yes, I use a English OS.
b) Locale - unfortunately you will need to use a locale which is Chinese based i.e. Hong Kong, Singapore, China PRC or Taiwan
Please Note: Singapore is the only one of these, which keeps things predominately in English for system messages and other softwares.

The locale I understand tells Java, which language version to install - which is important as Chinese / Asian language java version is needed to run java tools / software... perhaps therefore if you try to change to a Singapore locale and reboot your computer, then update Java and then change back to your current preferred locale and reboot your computer again - this might be a work-around to get Asian Java support to install (but I am not sure if this will work, as I have not tested this and unfortunately I do not have a fresh English OS system without Asian supported Java alreay on it, to try this on).

Another forum user mentioned, that they change their locale (and reboot) each time the use Asian languages in link-assistant (or any other java based software) - but personally I would find this a little bit of a hassle myself.

Lastly, another option / work-around for this locale issue, if you really want to keep your system locale as 100% English, for the Admin User (and/or default user) Windows User profile(s) (i.e. so it 100% uses English US or GB)... is to add a NEW Windows User (e.g. a new profile called something like "link-assistant user")... and then set that NEW Window's User locale to use "Singapore" (yes, different windows users can use different regional settings in theory)
... then login as this NEW User on MS Windows each time that you want to use Chinese or Asian text in link-assistant software (otherwise for English / Latin, then just use your existing Windows User Profile Account).

I hope you find these ideas helpful...

Thanks and cheers, Asiaplay

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]