SEO Report question
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
danbin

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi,

I have a question concerning the SEO-Report of SpyGlass.

The Report shows me in the 2nd part called "Increase google PR"
several pages with high google pr.

for instance:
1. example.com with a PR of 10
1.1 example.com/index.php?topic=12345 with a PR of 0

Now I am wondering if the link that is shown for 1.1 with a PR of 0 is a good link or not? Because it only shows a PR of 0.

Then for 4.1 there is for example a link shown with a PR of 2.

For my understanding the link with the PR of 2 in 4.1 should be much better than the link in 1.1 with a PR of 0 only.

Thus I am wondering why the SEO-Reporting Tools does advice me to use a link with a PR of 0?

I hope you understand what I mean and thanks for your help.
Dan

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:50 am

Yes, link for 1.1 is most likely a good link.

Here's a couple of things that'll be interesting to know: Google counts its PR each moment in real time, but it only refreshes its toolbar and data available to the public once in a couple of months. So although you see that a 1.1 page has PR = 0 , but its domain 1 has a PR = 10, most likely the page 1.1 already has a higher PR (got a portion of the domain's PR) than it's shown.

And, if page 4.1 has PR=2 and its domain 4 has PR=2, page 4.1 may pretty well to have a real PR that's smaller than PR of the page 1.1 (as it can't get good PR from its domain).

So SEO SpyGlass takes this into account and recommends you pages that are most likely to bring you a higher PR.

Last edited by LinkAssistant on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
danbin

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:14 pm

Thank you for explaining. Now it makes sense. :wink:

Dan

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]