Send and get emails from different emails
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]
Site234

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 am

Hi,
I want to use one of the free smtp (like hotmail and yahoo) for sending the emails ( like jon234@yahoo.com) but when people will replay the the email they will getit will be for my real email (this is my real email jonb@comboxy.com)

The problem is that in the email setting page when I change the contact name to my real email, I can't pass the Smtp setup test

I also try to change the contact name in a mail template but you can change the contact name

How can I do it?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi Site234,

Site234 wrote:
Hi,
I want to use one of the free smtp (like hotmail and yahoo) for sending the emails ( like jon234@yahoo.com) but when people will replay the the email they will getit will be for my real email (this is my real email jonb@comboxy.com) The problem is that in the email setting page when I change the contact name to my real email, I can't pass the Smtp setup test

Yes, you can use 2 different emails for sending and receiving emails, you need just to indicate correct settings for both of them in "Preferences -> Email client". If you are not sure about the settings, you need to contact your email provider to find out them, and then apply the settings in LinkAssistant.

Site234 wrote:
I also try to change the contact name in a mail template but you can change the contact name How can I do it?

If you mean to change YOUR_CONTACT_ NAME then you can do it in "Preferences -> Email management -> Email client -> Contact Name field". Save the changes and open an email template, there will be a new name applied.

If you mean changing contact name for a link partner - then double click the partner's record in your project 'Partners' workspace and edit partner information changing the name.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]