RT triggers GGs "your query looks similar to automated requests "
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]
acouillault

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:30 pm

Hi All,

When I run RT on my project, I soon get 'annoyed' by google which seems to think I've been hit by some virus or spyware.

I run my antivirus daily, with no pb.

I have "human emulation" set to on, with 11 to 15 seconds random delays between queries and 10 to 12 seconds before moving to next page.

This is really a pain a I cannot check more than 5 KW at a time.

Any idea ?

Alain

BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:44 pm

I just use the default emulation settings and don't really have any problems. Have you changed any other settings that might be related?

acouillault

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Hello Biz,

Nope, no other settings changed. The only point I would see (but it used work) is that I query GG 3 times for each word since I want to position my site in France.

Any one experience a similar problem out there ?
Does any one use RT in this situation ?

Alain

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Alain,

could you please provide more info on this:
- what exact search engines do you use (e.g. Google. com, Google.fr (web), Google.fr (Pages: France), MSN.fr, etc)?
- how many keywords do you have in a project?
- how many projects do you check daily (just one, or maybe more)?
- do you use Google API Key?
- are you behind a proxy?
- do you have a static IP on your computer, or you're connected to the Internet via DHCP?

This can help us to find out what causes the problem. Thanks in advance.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Hi acouillault this is the issue I have been having. Im thinking its possibly because of overlapping keywords which is what you have also suggested is it not? or am I mistaken. I search for keywords such as 'game' as well as 'games' and check against a range of search engines and local search engines some of the time. I also try to find new sites and where they are entering the US Google search from up to 1000 entries so that I can track them as they grow.

Ive used human emulation and find that improves it, also, when Google tells you that you are a virus, fill out their human checker and maybe they will be happy for a while.

acouillault

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:22 am

Quote:
Hi Alain,

could you please provide more info on this:
- what exact search engines do you use (e.g. Google. com, Google.fr (web), Google.fr (Pages: France), MSN.fr, etc)?
- how many keywords do you have in a project?
- how many projects do you check daily (just one, or maybe more)?
- do you use Google API Key?
- are you behind a proxy?
- do you have a static IP on your computer, or you're connected to the Internet via DHCP?

This can help us to find out what causes the problem. Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Thanks for your time. Back to work on monday morning after the week end :-)

SEs : Google.fr (web) , google.fr (Pages, France), Google.fr (french pages) and the same for Yahoo! and MSN. I am not checking for google.com for this project or other 'USA' SEs

I have about 100 KWs but I run them 10 by 10 hoping this would solve this issue

I just check one project

I do not use the GG API

I am not behind a proxy and have a fixed IP.

I can send you my project, please MP if necessary,

Best regards,

Alain

acouillault

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:30 am

Quote:
Hi acouillault this is the issue I have been having. Im thinking its possibly because of overlapping keywords which is what you have also suggested is it not? or am I mistaken. I search for keywords such as 'game' as well as 'games' and check against a range of search engines and local search engines some of the time. I also try to find new sites and where they are entering the US Google search from up to 1000 entries so that I can track them as they grow.

Ive used human emulation and find that improves it, also, when Google tells you that you are a virus, fill out their human checker and maybe they will be happy for a while.

Hi crazyoval,

Actually, what I was exactly suggesting is that as I query 'local' SEs, the same KW is sent to google.fr (French pages), Google.fr (Pages France) and Google.fr ( web) - which I probably similar to what you've just written. If human emulation sends the queries at the same time to the three of them, no wonder GG gets 'angry'.

I indeed fill in the human checer. The pb is that I need to query GG from my browser to find out if I have been 'blacklisted' since RT does not give any evidence,

Alain
www.ansade.Com

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Alain,
please contact our support service describing the problem, and please attach your project file (zipped, if possible). We'll try to figure out the problem ASAP.

acouillault

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi,

Done, the pb has been reported to the support team,

thanks

Alain

acouillault

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:38 am

Hi all,

In case this comes useful to other RT users, I came up with a work around till the RT developpers' team solve this issue.

It seems the indeed RT does not handle human emulation correctly for local versions of GG (see my previous note). What I've done is to launch RT and selected only one of the 3 local versions of GG and.. shazam, all went well.
I now have to make two other rounds, one for each local version of GG.
In order to 'optimize' the time spent, I do the same for the other local SEs so that RT can paralelle the processes.

have nice day to all,

Alain
www.ansade.com

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]