Restricted from indexing
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]
bondimedical3

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:12 am

Hi

I have posted an article in a forum and tried to verify it with Linkassistant but the Verification Heading column came up as 'No(Restricted from indexing)'. What does that mean?

temwatson

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:49 am

That means the article site has robots.txt files in script not to allow for indexing.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 am

Right, a link from such a page is pretty useless in terms of SEO. By the way, here's a link to explain verification statuses in LinkAssistant projects.

Tools

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:31 am

Quote:
the Verification Heading column came up as 'No(Restricted from indexing)'. What does that mean?

I've got a few that show- yes (restricted from indexing)
does that just mean the page the link is on isn't getting indexed and that the link is fine as far as seo?

added:Opps, I'm sorry this should be be in Spyglass not in Link assist, please split move or what ever.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Tools wrote:
Quote:
the Verification Heading column came up as 'No(Restricted from indexing)'. What does that mean?

I've got a few that show- yes (restricted from indexing)
does that just mean the page the link is on isn't getting indexed and that the link is fine as far as seo?

added:Opps, I'm sorry this should be be in Spyglass not in Link assist, please split move or what ever.

Hello Tools.

If the link status is Yes(restricted from indexing) this means that the link is valid and people can follow it, but some(or all) of the crawlers/robots can not follow and index it.

Tools

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm noticing any links with a Yes(restricted from indexing) in the new feat. (toxic links)
shows no link coming from this page...As I understand that some robots can't follow it or index it...is the link still good for passing pr or good for seo as far as a good or bad text link?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Tools wrote:
I'm noticing any links with a Yes(restricted from indexing) in the new feat. (toxic links)
shows no link coming from this page...As I understand that some robots can't follow it or index it...is the link still good for passing pr or good for seo as far as a good or bad text link?

Hello.

Such links are of course not so valuable as as do-follow links, but they are still counted by Google and effective for SEO though not as much as the do-folow ones.

Tools

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:39 pm

I'm still a bit confused.
What does (restricted from indexing) mean, or whats being restricted from indexing? the site the links coming from? the page the links on, the link? I don't get it's meaning. I understand the 'yes' in front of it..
[ Yes(restricted from indexing) ] which means yes the link is there and it's a follow link.
Please help me understand whats not getting indexed.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Tools wrote:
I'm still a bit confused.
What does (restricted from indexing) mean, or whats being restricted from indexing? the site the links coming from? the page the links on, the link? I don't get it's meaning. I understand the 'yes' in front of it..
[ Yes(restricted from indexing) ] which means yes the link is there and it's a follow link.
Please help me understand whats not getting indexed.

Hi tools.

Yes(restricted from indexing) means that there is a link to your site, but it may be a link with no-follow attribute or the page were the link comes from may be restricted by robots.txt

Tools

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:33 am

I'm still confused.
I've looked at a couple of the site pages that show (yes-page restricted from index) and check the page source, and find no tag (noindex) anywhere... Why would my spyglass show that the link is there but is restricted from indexing when that tag is not on the page the links coming from?

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]