Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Rank Tracker Going Slow
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]
crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:38 pm

Hi guys, Ive noticed RT has been slow the last couple of times Ive used it, is there somethng going on ?

Thanks

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Neither we have experience such a problem, nor anyone else reported this. :?

The problem can't be on our end anyway... I can think of the following reasons for this:

- you turned the "Human Emulation" feature on (this will definitely slow down the whole process);

- if you're using Rank Tracker for keyword research, then this could be an Overture's problem (Overture has really been slow for the last week);

- your Internet connection has slowed down for some reason -- then you need to talk to your internet provider.

Please check all these possible reasons once again, and tell me if you still experience the problem. Thanks.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:18 pm

cheers, yes just tested the line, its pants..

thanks anyway

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:41 pm

I have a question, Ive checked my line and apparently it is as it should be. I have noticed though there is a download performance difference between google.com and, say, link-assistant.com. LA is fine, but google is absolutely pants.

Im wondering if Ive been logged as a high user or something by them.. I only check my rankings every other day at the most..

any suggestions?

thanks

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:31 pm

Quote:
Im wondering if Ive been logged as a high user or something by them...
I have never heard of this... :shock: :shock: :shock: And I really doubt Google is logging such users. Besides, that would just be illegal, so I wouldn't worry about this.

My guess is that you might have some problems in your DNS, or just in one of the hops from one router to the next which make a route to Google, or anything else is wrong with your IP packets. Frankly speaking, I'm not a network administrator, and can't even imagine what's going wrong with your Internet connection.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:35 pm

thanks dude, Im only asking here because Ive heard / read about Google ignoring certain IP addresses where the user is sending an awlful lot of searches, as in something the human emulation is meant to avoid.

Thanks anyway :O)

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:25 pm

Im still getting a really slow response from Google, from both Rank Tracker and via a browser, its as if Google has labelled me in some way. I get normal responses from other sites that are in the US (I am in the UK).

(see my pic below)

Ive had human emulation set to a defult. Ive checked with my ISP and my speed is actually what I would expect (they had promised an upgrade but theyve not done it so this confused me earlier in the week).

Any more suggestions?

thanks

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:05 pm

Do you use a static IP, or do you connect to the Internet using DHCP?

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:18 pm

dhcp, im on a broadband connection, are you thinking I should ask for an IP change from my ISP?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:25 pm

Quote:
dhcp, im on a broadband connection, are you thinking I should ask for an IP change from my ISP?
No, you shouldn't ask your provider. If you're using DHCP, then EVERY time you disconnect from the Internet and then connect back, you get a new IP address. That means that Google could no way block you (otherwise they would block all other people who use services of your Internet provider).

I really don't know what could cause such a behaviour of your Internet connection :( This looks like some kind of a virus, or trojan, or spyware program, but I hope that you checked your computer for viruses as soon as this happended (DID YOU?) The only thing I'm sure about is that this thing has nothing to do with RT or Google itself.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]