Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Rank Tracker Going Slow
New Topic Add Reply
Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]
crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:43 pm

yes for sure not RT is not responsible, but the fact that both RT and Safari are both effected by Google and no other sites makes me think that its a Google thing, especially since Ive tried from two computers. yes I did check for spyware and viruses even though Im on a mac.

I brought it up here because I wondered if it was something to do with me hitting Google too much with searches you see.

Thanks for your thoughts anyway.

best wishes

Guy

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:07 pm

Quote:
I brought it up here because I wondered if it was something to do with me hitting Google too much with searches you see.
Guy, even if it was something to do with you hitting Google with searches, you're definitely not the right person to block :) As far as I understand, you simply check you rankings for (I don't know exactly, but let's say 1,000...) one thousand keywords. Google wouldn't even notice 1,000 queries! Look at all those big enterprise applications or even single SEOs who make billions of requests to Google every day -- and Google doesn't *block* them...

Guy, I really wish you to find what causes this weird problem ASAP and fix it. After you fix it, please tell me what caused the problem, OK? Thanks.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:10 pm

Thanks LA, will do .. very strange.... :cry:

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:54 am

Turning off my broadband router did the trick. Thanks for your support.

I was getting convinced it was something to do with Google blocking me because of searches although Ive certainly done no where near the search intensity you described above.

What also was strange was that for a time, if I called up Google.com it would transfer me to iGoogle. Im used to being transferred from google.com to google.co.uk which is my local Google, but not to iGoogle, and I watched it do it and it wasnt anything around the browser predicting the address I wanted to enter.

Very strange but anyway, thank you for your support even though this had nothing to do with Rank Tracker, which is as we speak checking all my keyword phrases and is a very happy bunny again.

8)

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:15 am

Glad to hear you're OK again :)

As for me, I was always convinced that the problem has nothing to do with Google. And I'm really happy to know you could fix it.

Anyway, I'm alway glad to talk to you here (or any other place ;)), so feel free to post ANY questions, comments, or just thoughts.

Regards,
LinkAssistant

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]