Proxies Necessary?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]
fratermaui

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:54 am

Hi guys,
this is my first post, firstly thanks for developing this great tool :)
So I have run the rank tracker, it works well. But after that I have to enter captchas in order to use my browser to surf in Google. Does this mean I should use proxies with your software?
Also, the Keyword Difficulty Checker does not work.
I hit 'Overall Keyword Difficulty'
Then 'Update'
But the finished screen tells me: number of keywords updated: 1
Is this also because of the proxy problem? :?:
Many thanks, Sam

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:27 pm

fratermaui wrote:
So I have run the rank tracker, it works well. But after that I have to enter captchas in order to use my browser to surf in Google. Does this mean I should use proxies with your software?

This is a common issue because to check your rankings the software has to send automated requests to Google and as a result Google prompts your IP address with captchas to make sure that you are a human. So, as long as you keep entering captchas you will be able to continue the search. Basically, this is not much of a problem because this does not have any bad influence on your website or your IP address, just captchas you need to enter.

However, if you wish to avoid captchas completely, you need to use proxies in the software or apply special search safety settings:

https://www.link-assistant.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/151/5/how-to-avoid-temporary-blocks

fratermaui wrote:
But the finished screen tells me: number of keywords updated: 1
Is this also because of the proxy problem?

Yes, this might be related because the application might not be able to collect the necessary data from Google. Try to open the software and go to Preferences - Search Safety settings - Captcha settings and enable 'Show captcha'. Then update Keyword difficulty once again and this time you will have to enter all captchas which may appear in the software.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]