Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Persona & Profile Clarification
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi Guys, can you clarify how best I should set up BuzzB please.

I have two facebook accounts and three twitter accounts. I have multiple facebook pages and other social networking accounts but we can leave these out of the discussion for now.

I want to work out how to best set up BB to monitor and manage these accounts.

I currently have two main websites I want to monitor from the same BB Project. The sites are different but overlap in terms of their business. I am thinking its best to keep these together since that means I monitor all happenings via the one open project rather than having to switch between two projects. I guess different projects are good for professionals managing multiple clients as opposed to a business person managing their own business such as myself.

So, in terms of setting up the personas/profilesI was thinking of two personas which had one twitter and one facebook account each. I guess the 3rd twitter account would need an additional persona since you can only add one twitter account to each persona.

I thought about setting up a dedicated email address for these personas so I can separate any emails to these personas from any other incoming business emails. However BB tells me I have to have a unique email address for each persona. Additionally, the email addresses for the profile accounts under these personas are different to each other as well.

I might be getting in a tangle here in terms of what is actually achieved with the persona's email address so can you give me some advice / suggestions for how to set these up.

Thanks

Guy

giraffeservices

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi there

I think this software is very limited for now and I don't think you will be able to achieve any of what you have mentioned.
I've just purchased license for it and funny enough it has the same functionality as the free license version.

Taking in account the quality of other software Link Assistant produced, BB might be good tool but at the moment nothing comparing with HootSuite.

I am still waiting myself for answers to my question about basic functionality of BB.

Cheers
Kris

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 pm

crazyoval wrote:
I currently have two main websites I want to monitor from the same BB Project.

There are 2 ways you can monitor all happenings in one BB project:

- at the stage of creating a new BB project you can add up to 10 additional sites (to do that please go to File - New Project - check 'Additional Websites' box and add your sites). Please note, however, that when the reports of the Enterprise version are available, they will be for the main site - the one the project was created for.

- you can add you second site to the project as a competitor. To do that, please go to 'Preferences' - 'Competitors' - hit 'Add' and follow further wizard's instructions.

crazyoval wrote:
So, in terms of setting up the personas/profilesI was thinking of two personas which had one twitter and one facebook account each. I guess the 3rd twitter account would need an additional persona since you can only add one twitter account to each persona.

Yes, that's absolutely right. :)

crazyoval wrote:
I thought about setting up a dedicated email address for these personas so I can separate any emails to these personas from any other incoming business emails. However BB tells me I have to have a unique email address for each persona.

Right. As you probably know, each Persona is associated with your particular account. But note, that you can't register two different Twitter or Facebook accounts under the same email address. The system just doesn't let you do that. That's the reason why you can't use the same email address for creating multiple Facebook or Twitter Personas in BB.

giraffeservices wrote:
I think this software is very limited for now and I don't think you will be able to achieve any of what you have mentioned.

Dear Giraffeservices :)

Please note that it's just a Beta version. I guess you agree that the potential of the app is impressive. But we still need to polish some things before they are available to our users. :)

Just be patient and soon you will be able to enjoy the unrivaled functionality of this application!

P.S. Please also note that the existing SEO PowerSuite users can get the Beta version tool with an unprecedented 75% discount! So, as new functional is added, the price will grow, but those new features will come to you for free. :)

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Awesome, cheers LA. I understand now.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]