The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Perfect optimization rate, you're a winner?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]
InstantWeb

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Quote:
That's normal. It's possible to rank for low-competitive words, but not for your highly-competitve phrases that you might target.
This'll change when my site ripens i.e. ages right?
Quote:
Besides there's another thing. For a totally new site, for about a month, it is possible to rank/be found even for your targeted keywords. But after about a month it'll "sandbox" you.
I found that hwen one copies a sentence from you site, run it through Google and you get search results you're probably sandboxed. I my case this seems to be the case ...

One few questions remain: when you have been rewarded with a PageRank; could you then still be in the sandbox?

And does having an AdWords campaign have any influence on the sandox?
I'm quite sure that having an AdWords campaign does make Google treat you differently with it's indexing somehow.

I have read the following:
Quote:
One method is to join the Google Ad Words or Adsense program, in which case your pages get spidered in MINUTES. Your site will be checked initially with an algo or human "smell test". If you smell good, you're in. Good rankings will follow (provided of course, that you have good on-page SEO, and a few good backlinks).
And then there might be influence from Alexa ranking and or dmoz submission?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:35 pm

Quote:
Quote:
That's normal. It's possible to rank for low-competitive words, but not for your highly-competitve phrases that you might target.
This'll change when my site ripens i.e. ages right?
Yes, this should change.
Quote:
One few questions remain: when you have been rewarded with a PageRank; could you then still be in the sandbox?
Yes, these are two different things. Google PageRank doesn't influence its habit to "sandbox"
young sites.
Quote:
And does having an AdWords campaign have any influence on the sandox?
I'm quite sure that having an AdWords campaign does make Google treat you differently with it's indexing somehow.

I have read the following:
Quote:
One method is to join the Google Ad Words or Adsense program, in which case your pages get spidered in MINUTES. Your site will be checked initially with an algo or human "smell test". If you smell good, you're in. Good rankings will follow (provided of course, that you have good on-page SEO, and a few good backlinks).
No, AdWords don't influence the sandbox, They help you get indexed faster but they don't help you get out of sandbox (at least that's what our own experience shows).
Quote:
And then there might be influence from Alexa ranking and or dmoz submission?
As far as we know, age is the sole criteria. DMOZ, Alexa, PageRank etc. don't seem to work on sandbox.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]