Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

overture down again... pah!!!
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]
crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:31 pm

flipping heck.... Overture is down again, Yahoo are so sloppy.... :O( I really need that to work as Im setting up a new site and want to work out the best keywords to manage.

Is there any progress on any alternatives to Overture with Rank Tracker?

ta

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Quote:
Is there any progress on any alternatives to Overture with Rank Tracker?
We keep trying to add a free version of WordTracker (though I'm afraid this won't be enough for serious keyword research), but this is not an easy task, so it'll become available a bit later.

Sorry for this.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:19 pm

yes understand, there is only so much one can do with free stuff so I shouldnt expect pro use out of a free service. No problem, it must be as frustrating for you too.

Incidentally, Ive noticed, while Ive been setting Rank Tracker off on a keyword search Ive also been using google to manually search out things and Google comes back and says can I confirm Im a human by typing in some numbers and letters because I look like a piece of spyware !!

It only happens when Ive got Rank Tracker searching, so it seems to me there is something that enables them to detect Im using Rank Tracker.

What are your thoughts?

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:46 am

another thought, maybe if we could manually add KEI information that we get in other ways that would help when other means are unavailable to us.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Sorry for the delayed reply, crazyoval.
Quote:
It only happens when Ive got Rank Tracker searching, so it seems to me there is something that enables them to detect Im using Rank Tracker.
That's hardly possible. At least we are not aware of anything that could lead to this.

What is more, Google can't determine that you're using exactly Rank Tracker. It can determine too frequent resquest from you, but not the fact you're using Rank Tracker or whatever. BTW, do you have a "Human Emulation" feature turned on?

PS: anyway, could you please give me more details on this? what exactly your were searching, and in what search engines? I'm sure this will help us to reproduce (and thus fix) the problem.Thanks in advance.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:15 pm

yes, your right, Ive turned on Human Emulation, I have been doing searches on around 15 keyword phrases with up to 1000 positions to see where a new site is starting to appear. So I guess Ive been hitting it a bit too hard.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Great! Glad to hear all's right now.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]