Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Optimization rate
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]
wml2005

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:53 am

I'm new to your program. I'm ready to purchase, but I have one question. I ran a report for the following site:

for the keyphrase: commercial litigation attorney chicago

The page title is "Welcome to The Law Office of Michael E. Rediger, P.C."

The page title optimization rate comes up 98.7%

What does this rate indicate?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by wml2005 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:31 am

Well, this means that your site is pretty well optimized for the keywords you entered as compared to 10 highest ranking sites for the same keywords :) Good job!

Please, keep in mind, however, that you need to optimize well every separate landing page of your website, such as http://www.redatlaw.com/practiceareas.html , as they are all regarded separately by SE crawlers.

wml2005

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:42 pm

Thank you so much for answering my question. As a follow up, I thought that the "page title optimization rate" would refer—specifically—to the title words. None of the keywords were in the title, so I assumed the optimization rate would be low, instead of high. It's obviously not this simplistic. I'm going to buy the program and work through it. Thanks again!

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:11 pm

Quote:
Thank you so much for answering my question. As a follow up, I thought that the "page title optimization rate" would refer—specifically—to the title words. None of the keywords were in the title, so I assumed the optimization rate would be low, instead of high. It's obviously not this simplistic. I'm going to buy the program and work through it. Thanks again!
Well, I hope you'll learn it fine. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

wml2005

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:07 am

Hi,
I just bought the software. I'm still confused about the results I'm getting.

I created a PDF of the page title portion of the report.

http://www.redatlaw.com/redatlaw-page-title.pdf

I ran the report for the keyphrase "commercial litigation attorney chicago." I misspelled commercial, but that is not relevant to my issue.

It says 11 words are used in page title. This fits optimization requirements. The page title is four words long and it doesn't contain any of the words in the keyphrase.

How should I be interpreting the report?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Quote:
The page title is four words long and it doesn't contain any of the words in the keyphrase
Well, your title "Welcome to the law office of Michael E. Rediger, P.C. is 11 words long. Removing the "stopwords" like "welcome", "to" and "the" you get 4 keywords that WA regards as the ones your title is optimized for: Michael Rediger Law Office.

Now, your title does not have any words out of "commercial litigation attourney chicago". At the same time, to 10 website from the search engine you've selected do not have this 4-word keyword in their title either! WA is relative analysis tool, so in relation to the top 10 your site title is OK for the 4 words you gave. However, practically this means that no one indexed by that search engine ever tried optimizing their page for this 4-word long keyword. Which means that you can probably win in rankings if you try inserting some of the 4 words into your title, although your score in WA will reduce. What helps here is looking at your competitors, they might be ranking so high for other reasons like a huge link directory, not onpage optimization.

Generally, what brings better results is optimizing your page elements for more common and shorter keywords, as "law office" for instance. Once you optimize for those you can add subtle specification, geographical or exact niche.

wml2005

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Thank you! That makes complete sense.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]