Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

One Click Rebuild for Report
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]
danbin

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm

It would be a nice feature to run a rebuild for the searchengines and the report with one click only.

Right now it just regenerates the report when hitting rebuild inside the report tab.
Now it takes several steps to check report data again.

Whould be nice to save some time. ;-)

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Danbin,
please use the "Check" button in the main tab. You can choose to update the selected keywords, all keywords in the workspace or all keywords in the project.
And I guss that's exactly what you need ;)

danbin

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:29 pm

Sorry. I cannot find a "check" button anywhere. :roll:
I can find a "rebuild" button, though.

But that's not exactly what I am looking for.
When in "report"-view I would like to rebuild all things including the report.

When making changes to a html-page, I would like to be able to check things immidiately with one click only. Right now I rebuild the keywords and then still have to switch back to report view. I guess it takes about 5 clicks or so. One click would be a time saver. ;-)

Let me try to explain once again:
First I am looking at the report and it tells me that 146 words aren't enough. I should use 450 words in body text iinstead. Then I change my html-file to 450 words.

Now I click on "regenerate" in report view. And it regenerates the report. However it still shows me 146 words. It would be great to be able to click a button in report-view to regenerate everything thus checking how "good" my changes were to the html file.

BTW the "regnerate" button (function) doesn't save my selected searchengine. Would be great if it could remember my previous selection.

Thanks
Dan

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:46 am

Oops... sorry I somehow thought we're talking about Rank Tracker :oops:
Quote:
Let me try to explain once again:
First I am looking at the report and it tells me that 146 words aren't enough. I should use 450 words in body text iinstead. Then I change my html-file to 450 words.

Now I click on "regenerate" in report view. And it regenerates the report. However it still shows me 146 words. It would be great to be able to click a button in report-view to regenerate everything thus checking how "good" my changes were to the html file.
I'm not sure that what you're asking about will be possible. If you made changes, the software needs to re-analyze somel data again (that's what it does when you click "Rebuild" in the Keywords tab) and when it's got all results in place, it'll arrange them into a report. I mean even if it were possible to regenerate report with the new data without switching to the main tab, it would still require the same time: to re-collect&re-analyze data and then to generate a report (with the exception of a second or two that the mouseclicks themselves take). So it wouldn't be a time-saver in fact.
Quote:
BTW the "regnerate" button (function) doesn't save my selected searchengine. Would be great if it could remember my previous selection.
This was also done intendedly. You can use the same website and the same keywords, but rebuild the project for another search engine - to see what's required to optimize your page in this other one.

danbin

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:20 am

Quote:
So it wouldn't be a time-saver in fact.
That might be true for the calculation, but clicking the mouse 5 times for one thing I only want to do (rebuilding the report with the new data for the same html-file) is very annoying thing to do.
Quote:
This was also done intendedly
Okay. Still makes me click the mouse again and again.

A competitotor's software I am using for this normaly does all this by one click.
Though your analysis and reports are quite different. So it's just a suggestion to make work easier for the user, if it is possible. For ranktracker and spyglass this is okay, but for WA where I have to check the difference in the html-files very often, it's just painful.

Maybe you could add some keyboard short cuts for all these steps described above.
CRTL+1, CTRL+2, CTRL+3, CTRL+4 or so. This would help already.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:11 pm

We'll see if that's possible (your question has already been passed on for analysis). Thank you for your comments!

seosean

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:32 am

I too would like to see a one click or one shortcut key for this. I have the same issue while I'm testing out the demo version of the software. If I make a change to a web page and want to see how that effects my "report overview" I have to go back to the keywords tab, then rebuild and click through all that, then on back over to the reports overview tab and let it regenerate.

Just would be nice if there was a one click method. Anyways just wanted to put my hand up in agreement.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]