Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

New Feature: Workspace Profiles carry over to other projects
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]
BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:29 pm

If i create a new workspace layout - it doesn't carry over to other projects/domains - i have to re-create it for each project...this is very time consuming

It would be very helpful if a new workspace could be applied to all projects.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Agreed.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:01 pm

Quote:
It would be very helpful if a new workspace could be applied to all projects.
In the next version (which will become available in about 2 weeks) you'll be able to copy a workspace from one project, and paste it into any other project within just 3 clicks (1 click to copy, 1 to switch to another project, and one to paste).

Does it sound OK for you, guys?

Thanks.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:41 pm

sounds good to me because I only aim to have a handfull of websites at the most with some overlap. However Im wondering if there is a way for multiple sites (say 20 sites or more) to source some of the same data from a pool of data for common information like KEI's on keywords tracked for multiple sites.

Anyway, that issue doesnt effect me so it isnt an issue, so in answer to your question, yes that sounds very hepful, thank you.

BTW, anyone know what's happend to Overture?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:37 pm

Quote:
BTW, anyone know what's happend to Overture?
If anyone knows, please reply here. Thanks.

BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:30 pm

That solution sounds like a step in the right direction but it would be much more useful if there was a central control for all projects that automatically used a default workspace for every project - without having to copy it over each time.

Once i get them all entered into the software, I will have around 170 projects going. - which you could imagine will be a pain in the ass if i have to copy workspaces that many times.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:15 pm

Quote:
it would be much more useful if there was a central control for all projects that automatically used a default workspace for every project - without having to copy it over each time.
Frankly speaking, we have already thought of this... But, to be honest, we haven't thought that our users run 170+ :!: projects

Anyway, BILZ, we'll put this feature into our TODO list, and will do our best to make it available as soon as possible. Thanks.

BILZ

Guru

Guru
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:01 pm

thanks, i appreciate that. It would be a very useful addition to the software.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]