Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

New App Suggestion - Link Building Tracker
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
akia

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:56 pm

I'd like to suggest a new application for the SEO Power Suite.

I'd like to see a app that can help us track our link building activities and pages where we have links. With information on when the link was created, the link text and other SEO information. Along with being able to view reports on the building progress. And the ability to check whether the links are still active.

This seems such a gap in the tools that are needed and I'm surprised no one else has asked for it, I mean you can jerry rig Link Assistant to do that task, and SEO spy glass sort of does it but for only one page at a time, but both are not ideal, and would be better suited it there was a standalone task.

It can't be that difficult to do, as I'm sure you've be able to folk Link Assistant and strip out whats not needed and make other small tweeks to what is needed.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Hello akia,

thanks for the post.

akia wrote:
I'd like to see a app that can help us track our link building activities and pages where we have links. Along with being able to view reports on the building progress. And the ability to check whether the links are still active.

Well, in fact LinkAssistant is capable of:

- tracking your link building activities and finding pages where you have links;
- checking whether the links are still active;
- view reports on the building progress.

akia wrote:
With information on when the link was created, the link text and other SEO information.

The tool doesn't let you get this info (and I doubt that any other link motoring tool is capable of doing that). However, you can add the 'Entrance Date' column to the working area and that will show you the exact data the partner was added to your project.

:)

Fruitbird

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 am

I was confronted to a similar problem and link creation date would have been perfect. For sure, it does seem this information would be hard or impossible to find.
"Entrance date" seems like an interesting alternative but I am not sure if it might not be flawed. For example, if you change your backlink detection sources or if the software has improved link detection, a specific link might "enter" (I presume entrance date = detection date or date if was included in the results, after rebuilding your project on spyglass) into your results later on but the creation date was similar to other links that "entered" before into the results in the previous update of your project. There is also the issue of indexation of the page containing the backlink which will (but maybe I'm wrong please confirm this point) impact the date of detection and entry into the results page of your project.

Last edited by Fruitbird on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 am

Fruitbird wrote:
I was confronted to a similar problem and link creation date would have been perfect.

Frankly speaking, we doubt that it's possible to figure out when exactly a link was placed on a website.

It's only possible to find out when search engines indexed a page with a link and when our database found and cached this link (we will consider adding such options in the future versions of our software).

:)

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]