Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Need help : browser initialization failed
New Topic Add Reply
Page 3 of 3 [ 27 posts ]
PHdJ

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm also experiencing this problem on Mac (Yosemite 10.10.1), with latest Website Auditor (3.18.1). Any tips to solve this on a Mac?

UPDATE: [RESOLVED] FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR MAC!
1. Open Terminal
2. Execute the following command from Terminal to grant permissions:

sudo chmod -R 777 /Users/yourusername/.websiteauditor

yourusername in the command should be replaced with your own username of course.

Thanks to Anton from support!

christina21maria

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 am

Nice post, very informative

killoldesai

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:12 pm

I am getting same error on Win10 tried the _JAVAOPTIONS but not working

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:56 pm

killoldesai wrote:
I am getting same error on Win10 tried the _JAVAOPTIONS but not working

To solve this issue please go to C:/Users/<username>/.ranktracker (or /.websiteauditor, etc) and delete the folders containing 'jxbrowser' in their names:

These are the folders with the internal browser that will be generated anew once you`ll start the software again. Also please make sure to have the latest version of 64-bit Java installed or download it here:

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

After that please try to run the software with admin rights so that that it would have enough permissions to generate a new browser directory properly, simply right-click the programs icons and select 'Run as Administrator'.

bharat_buttan

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:57 am

Getting the same problem. But I could not even install it. But looking to update with newer version. Hopefully it will work.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:19 am

bharat_buttan wrote:
Getting the same problem. But I could not even install it. But looking to update with newer version. Hopefully it will work.

What is your operating system? Also, what exactly happens when you click the install file? Does any error message show up?

also make sure you have the latest Java Environment installed. Visit and update your Java at http://www.java.com if necessary.

jezekjan

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:20 am

Quote:
Quote:
I also have problems. Win 8.1. Tried to have default chrome, firefox and ie - which I don't use and is clean of history.
The browser problem is not related to your extremal browser, but to the internal built-in software browser. Try to follow the steps described above and add the Java Options variable to the system settings.
The images are not online...

I am also using an Apple Mac

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 3 of 3 [ 27 posts ]