Need a Way-Use Chinese Chars to Find Sites by Keyword Search
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]
Red

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi,
I need a way to be able to use chinese (simplified) and traditional keywords in the 'Find Sites by Keywords' box in Link Assistant to search Baidu's index.

I need my project workspace to be in English and the search to scan Baidu in chinese.

Is this possible.

An urgent answer is appreciated. I have raised a support ticket, but need an answer V Fast (today if possible)

I've tried the Translate (Localisation) option.

Can anyone suggest anything?

All is get is those funny square things

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Red wrote:
Hi,
I need a way to be able to use chinese (simplified) and traditional keywords in the 'Find Sites by Keywords' box in Link Assistant to search Baidu's index.
Is this possible.

Yes, it is. :)

All you need to do is change the "Locale" of you computer . Please open the Control Panel and click 'Clock, Language, and Region". It will activate the 'Region and Language' menu. Set the Format on the 'Formats' tab to Chinese and click 'Apply'. After that please restart your SEO PowerSuite tools. This is all you need to be able to create projects for websites in your language.

That's basically it.

Red

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:53 pm

OK, Thanks for the quick response - further to this ~

when creating emails templates:
Is there a way to have the workspace in English - whilst I type chinese simplified characters into the email template?

To get the email template to display and send chinese characters - do I

A.) Use the technique that you mentioned above?
or
B.) Use the localize feature?

Thanks in advance

Red

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Aha the chinese regional settings weren't installed on my Windows XP. Maybe this was the prob?

Red

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Hmmmmm I don't suppose anyone knows if you can download a chinese IME on Windows XP from anywhere?

I've no idea where my original disk is. There's no option for chinese on http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... #lptabs=xp

Is it possible to get for XP?

I know this is not directly related to the LA product - but if other users have the same prob - maybe this thread will help?

Red

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:55 am

Just a thread for other users to be aware of:

I'm managing to use chinese in my project email template now which is awesome - however when sending through pop3 through sina.com.cn I find that I am having server issues from my side.
It's to do with outlook and Symantec apparently.

I get this:

Symantec Email Proxy Popup:

Quote:
Your email was unable to be sent because your mail server rejected the sender:
421 #4.x.2 Too many messages for this session

Next popup:

Quote:
Your email message to
someone <someone@example.com
With the subject of
??????????
Was unable to be sent because the connection to your email server was interrupted. Please open your email client and re-send the message from the Sent Messages folder.

Symantec appears to be scanning my out going email and flagging them as spam and not delivering.

If I find a resolution besides killing Symantec - I'll post it up!

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Quote:
when creating emails templates:
Is there a way to have the workspace in English - whilst I type chinese simplified characters into the email template?
Sure. that's possible.

All you need to do to switch the software interface to English is to go to 'Preferences' - 'Language Settings' - 'Language' - 'English'.
Quote:
Your email was unable to be sent because your mail server rejected the sender:
421 #4.x.2 Too many messages for this session
I guess you need to contact your email provider for clarification. :)

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]