Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Need a new filter option
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]
Jungles

Guru

Guru
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Would be great if on the interface we could quickly filter - Last 10/20/50 and 10 posts,messages etc. activity. That will help to manage interface better.

And one more think - it is not quite clear for me what is happening and what is the idea of deleting the posts.

So let's say I commented the post and then deleted it because I need cleaner interface and i want not commented posts to be on upper position on the screen. What will happen if i will press - find buzz? Will this deleted blog post/message will be back to my interface?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Jungles wrote:
Would be great if on the interface we could quickly filter - Last 10/20/50 and 10 posts,messages etc. activity. That will help to manage interface better.

Ok, we will considering adding such a filter.

However, at the moment it doesn't really make sense , as the software collects all the buzz about your product or brand without sorting it chronologically. So if you set a filter that will surface the last 10/20/50 found mentionings, it will have no practical value. The last 10/20/50 found dialogues may be pretty old and the newer ones will get under the filter and won't appear in the streams.

If you would like to sort out the 'freshest' post, you can set the corresponding filtering condition (here is how to).

Jungles wrote:
And one more think - it is not quite clear for me what is happening and what is the idea of deleting the posts.

If you delete a post from the stream, it gets deleted from your project only. The post will still be on the forum, blog, etc.

Next time, when you hit the 'Find Buzz' button, the software will ignore the post you previously deleted and won't include it into the project.

Jungles

Guru

Guru
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 am

Ok, let's clear things a bit:

I have three stages and targets for BB to work with -
1th - to find/interact with buzz about my brand/product in general,
2nd - to answer/replay my messages/posts
3th - to 'keep my finger on the pulse' regarding daily news about my brand/keywords.

First is self explanatory, second will be on the way(according what you said previously on other topic), but third: is a-bit not convenient.

I know how to set this filter that BB would find the Buzz starting from this or that day but you must agree, that to reach for this functionality all the time and to re-scrape info/clean interface all the time will be really pain in the xxx ;)
I need quickly find all latest activity across the streams(or selected ones) for let's say latest 10/20/50 posts/tweets. That will greatly save my time,PC resources and will work really quickly as there will be only few queries that BB need to search for - just NEWEST activity for your keywords without re-scraping all unnecessary other info.

Just try to imagine - I shoot up BB on the morning and I don't know - I'm looking to the new posts or old posts(yeah I know there is a little note when this post/tweet was created) but If I will be forced to look on all of them I will go crazy! - The point is: I need clearly and conveniently distinguish Old scraped info from New/Fresh one in fast and convenient way.

I know that when you press find buzz then all new activity is with green color in upper part of the screen. But what happening next - I press it and all new streams loading on my screen and they fulfilling all of my screen!(Trust me I have a big one!) So the question - WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH ALL OLD ACTIVITY/POSTS/TTWEETS etc.!? Everything is lost under my screen and I will go mad if I will try to search and look for them by scrolling down and reading all of them and checking the dates etc.

I hope you got my point!? Everything is just about to add convenient filtering options on the home screen as for now you are forced really to dig
in in order to find necessary info. It takes a lot of time and patience but you guys want to build something convenient, fast and effortless that commenting and engaging thing(general goal of the BB) will bee prioritized and comfortable as possible.
.........................................................................................................................................................................
Regarding deleting posts:
It is a bit strange - If I will delete post, it is deleted from my board/vision and next time I will want to find buzz - this post will be excluded but what about if some user will reply to this deleted post/tweet? How can I will be able to engage with him If I will delete this post and it will be nowhere to find in BB?(I'm just deleting them to clean up interface as old/answered posts are really taking to much screen space)

Sorry for long post:) You must employ me guys for this DDD;)
Kind regards,
Jungle

[/quote]

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Hello Jungles!
Jungles wrote:
I need clearly and conveniently distinguish Old scraped info from New/Fresh one in fast and convenient way.

Thanks for this feedback. :)

We understand the way you organize your workflow, but could you also be more specific and explain how in your opinion all dialogues should be organized in a stream?

As you have already noticed, currently the latest posts are folded under the green button at the top. When you click on the green button, the messages get unfolded, so you can read them. After that they go down the stream.

In the next update, all the new messages will be automatically unfolded and highlighted with green.

If you would like to set up a time frame for all the displayed posts, you can set the corresponding filtering condition (here are the instructions on how to do that). So as we understand, it's almost what you are requesting.

However, if you think that all the data should be organized in the stream in some other way, please share your ideas with us.

Jungles

Guru

Guru
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 am

As you see, we missing clear filters that could help us comfortably distinguish those things:

New,
All,
Answered(engaged)

Those filers should be on the same screen where streams are on and not to be some where where I need to look for them. I need to organize my streams and filter them on the same screen in order to perform all actions that I need efficiently.

So, just implement small field on the top of the each streem that will allow us to filter:

New - Will show us only new posts/tweets etc.(And when Find Buzz will be pressed it will find buzz only according that filter where are you at present moment)

Existing (Old) - will show us all existing and already scraped post's that you scraped before)

Answered(engaged) - This will show us posts that someone already answered to our activity and will show the posts with our replays/likes etc. activity.

All three 'meanings' should be in slightly different color and in order to quickly recognize/distinguish visually general topics from answers/likes etc.

One more convenient idea could be useful - If you answered to something or engaged with someone - this topic should be visually represented not at the same visual level.

If I'm still not clear with this - please, tell me and i will explain this more!
[/quote]

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Quote:

New - Will show us only new posts/tweets etc.(And when Find Buzz will be pressed it will find buzz only according that filter where are you at present moment)
Existing (Old) - will show us all existing and already scraped post's that you scraped before)
Answered(engaged) - This will show us posts that someone already answered to our activity and will show the posts with our replays/likes etc. activity.

Thanks for this suggestion. We will forward it to our analysts for consideration. :)
Quote:
One more convenient idea could be useful - If you answered to something or engaged with someone - this topic should be visually represented not at the same visual level. [/img]

In one of the upcoming updates we will change the structure of the dialogues in the streams:

- all the new messages will be automatically unfolded and highlighted with green;
- the main post and comments will be visually separated.

Jungles

Guru

Guru
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Round of applause! Can't wait to see it!:)

riham11

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:09 am

Hmm... That's strange. Cause that's exactly how the software works. Let's say, when you click on the green bar in 'Forums and Blogs' stream, the 'Social Networks' stream stays unfolded.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]