Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Meta Tag Considerations
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]
roxxy

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:39 am

Though most largest search engines do not 'spider' the keyword Meta Tags on your page, and in some cases ignore these completely, the use of Meta Tags on your page still serves an important purpose. There are literally hundreds, even thousands of smaller search engines scattered all across the Internet. Whilst the bigger engines tend to 'spider' whole pages instead and obtain their results from that, these smaller search engines don't have as much physical space to work with and must do things differently. It is in these particular engines you will find that Meta Tags are still very important.

BigDaddy

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:37 pm

Quote:
Though most largest search engines do not 'spider' the keyword Meta Tags on your page, and in some cases ignore these completely, the use of Meta Tags on your page still serves an important purpose. There are literally hundreds, even thousands of smaller search engines scattered all across the Internet. Whilst the bigger engines tend to 'spider' whole pages instead and obtain their results from that, these smaller search engines don't have as much physical space to work with and must do things differently. It is in these particular engines you will find that Meta Tags are still very important.
Yeah well... I, too, keep this tag on all my sites just in case. While it doesn't help with G or Y!, it doesn't hurt either :D

pakistanboy

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:20 am

yes

Thank you,
Regards,
Pakistan Boy,

Avery

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:26 am

I thought after the changes made by Google in its dilogarithm the importance of meta tags has totally been ruined. Can somebody explain it?

bermuda

Senior

Senior
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:34 am

Among all the available meta tags, which were some years ago widely used by thousands of webmasters, today, title and description seem to be very important indeed and nearly all of the major search engines use them to examine contents of the websites.

Unique titles and descriptions can greatly help web pages get accessed and indexed by search engines robots. They will also have better chances to appear among top positions online, and at the same time attract attention of the audience, encouraging them to visit the pages.

JamesBess

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:58 am

So true!

I've seen hundreds of web pages where the keyword is filled with every possible combination of relevant keyword for their content.
Whether I don't know if is the correct way to do it or not, I personally refrain from doing so. I only add the words that I've actually targeted, and one or maybe two extra words relevant to that specific page.
miami marketing agency

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]