Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Max Number of Results to Check
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]
orlanderlv

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:19 am

Hello, when did Rank Tracker eliminate deep rank checking? There are many valid reasons to check and record on a daily basis checking where a site ranks beyond 100 positions. Analyzing ranking data 101 - 350 has given me valuable data that has absolutely helped me both rank and find out whether certain keywords were worth investing in.

Why has that flexibility been eliminated from Rank Tracker? This seems like the kind of functionality that would mean the difference between renewing all three of my suite licenses or not.

MVMInfotech18

Small God

Small God
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:40 am

It can be difficult distinguishing truth from myth in SEO. The problem is that much of the information on the Web is dated (always be sure to check the date of publication when conducting research) or just plain wrong. Opportunity Max has gathered some of the most common rumors currently circling the Web to help clear up confusion caused by conflicting information.

orlanderlv

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Quote:
It can be difficult distinguishing truth from myth in SEO. The problem is that much of the information on the Web is dated (always be sure to check the date of publication when conducting research) or just plain wrong. Opportunity Max has gathered some of the most common rumors currently circling the Web to help clear up confusion caused by conflicting information.
Not sure how that applies to anything I said. Let be attempt to be more clear and succinct. I need an explanation from someone that represents Rank Tracker software regarding why Max Number of Results has been limited now to just 100 when I have history and proof from multiple sites that being able to see results from Max Number of Results passed 100 has significantly assisted me in helping to rank and ascertain the competitiveness of keyword phrases.

Not being able to see results in the 200 range is hurting my ability to do SEO effectively and I am forced to search by hand. This is making me not want to renew Rank Tracker or the SEO PowerSuite. Now, I hope that has cleared up any confusion.

orlanderlv

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm

No mods ever frequent their own forum? Ridiculous. :roll:

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:21 am

It is possible to check rankings beyond top 100 results if you disable the safe query mode. Open Preferences - Search Safety Settings and disable the Safe Query mode:

https://sc.link-assistant.com/db/bcba45 ... 697b4c.png

Then you can change the maximum number of results up to 300 or more. But the Safe Query mode works only within top 100 results, since in this mode the queries go via our servers, so we have to limit the scan depth to avoid Google blocks for our internal proxies.

See a spammer? Click "Report this Post" (bottom right) and help keep our forum clean!

orlanderlv

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:32 pm

This apparently then presents a huge problem since deselecting the safe search then ensures completely different IPs/proxies will be used thus skewing historical data. So, this doesn't help me with true analytics. Not exactly what anyone would want, huh? I guess I should say thanks that now I can test to get rankings beyond 100 but I can't actually use that data in any real way, can I?! (I ask, rhetorically). You would think that safe search would see beyond 100 as I have provided you with actual reasons why that data is valuable, but whatever I guess.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:50 pm

If you use advanced search engines settings where you specify the town or city for which you want to check your results, then disabling the Safe Query mode will not affect your results, because your software will provide a special geo-parameter to Google, so Google will provide results on the basis of that geo-parameter, but not your IP:

https://www.link-assistant.com/help/ran ... kings.html

See a spammer? Click "Report this Post" (bottom right) and help keep our forum clean!

orlanderlv

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Quote:
If you use advanced search engines settings where you specify the town or city for which you want to check your results,
Which would mean the history I currently have would be invalid because up to that point I had used the built-in proxies. I hope i'm explaining this correctly. Do you understand now?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 am

Disabling the safe query mode will not affect your ranking results as much as you think. May be a few keywords will drop/go up for their ranking positions, but the total visibility will hardly change a lot. The main problem would be to solve Google captchas which will start appearing once you disable the safe mode, because all the requests will go via your direct IP then.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]