Live Plan! for beta version
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 3 [ 29 posts ]
danbin

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi,

I am wondering when the Live Plan! for WA starts for the beta version that I bought.

Thanks

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:30 am

Hi danbin,
as for the other two tools that have Live! Plans, it starts since the day of purchase.

jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 am

@it starts since the day of purchase.

Why do you do that? You shouldn't be removing time from the plan while it is in beta. When we as your customers pay money for a product that is still in the testing and bug finding stages(aka beta), we should be at least be stroked a bit for not having a complete product.

If you are going to charge for that time in beta then I think all of us who beta tested and helped you should come back and charge you for our testing services....
Basically we are paying you to test and help fix your problems and then compound this with my other thread where you are basically raping the people who spend the most $$ with you on the updates.

You guys have always been nice & responsive but the way you charge just isn't right.

Last edited by jamwerx on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
InternetDominus

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:13 am

I second this.

Why should we be paying for another year of use for a product that is still in beta.

My subscription for WE for first year expired, and it is still beta, and have to pay to use again? That is not right.

Imagine test driving a car that is not safe, and having to pay to test it.

Microsoft always lets users test their products and does not charge while in beta.

You guys have to rethink this strategy.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:04 am

Guys,

although I can understand your irritation, you are missing out on the reason of us doing that.

The reason lies in the very nature of Live! Plan, which we never concealed. It is "tuning" our software to search engines' algorithm changes.

At the same time, all the functionality updates/bug fixes/version upgrades have always been free with Link-Assistant.Com.

Consequently, while you are using a product in beta you are receiving ANY fixes, new features and updates for free. Both with a beta and a complete tool. However, you ARE using the beta software to gather search engines' data, so the same group of our developers keeps working to keep the software "online", just as with any other tool that is not in beta. So you are using the tool for what it's meant for and perform tasks it's designed to perform. That is why logically and practically charging for Live! Plan for a beta is justified.

Apart from everything mentioned above, using a beta version implies that one is using something already functioning decently. For instance, Gmail was in beta up until recently - that does not mean it was unreliable or hindered in functionality.

I hope my explanation was clear, thanks again for sharing your opinions :)

InternetDominus

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 am

Your Gmail example does not fit here at all.

Gmail is 100% free, was, is, and seems it will always be free.

WebSite Auditor was charging since first day, it is still beta, and keeps charging while in beta.

I understand that Search Engines modify their algos, and that you must modify software accordingly, but why charge full price for renewals
. That is my main concern.

Do us a favor, and see if you are right. Put in big letters at top of the page of each of your products that you will be charging full price
for updates/upgrades every year, and see for yourself how people will contact you about that issue, and maybe won't even contact you and forget about your products at all.

You guys know you are pretty new in the market, Wayback Machine has your pages archived only since 2005, and other products like IBP and WebpositionGold have been much longer in the market, updating/upgrading their products to work with SE algos, and never charging full price for those upgrades/updates every year. Only when new version came out from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, etc. they would charge a larger sum of money for such upgrade.

WebpositionGold has exactly that extra service called "Page Critic" for which they charged 99.00 for twelve months, and not the full price of 389.00 that you initially pay for WebpositionGold .

Sotware is good, and will be great when we are charged the right amount for upgrades/updates, and I think 99 bucks for algo changes is just right to charge every year.

jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:38 am

"I hope my explanation was clear, thanks again for sharing your opinions"

NO THTAT JUST PISSED ME OFF EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!!!

WTF are you thinking? You surely can't be serious with this explanation.

"At the same time, all the functionality updates/bug fixes/version upgrades have always been free with Link-Assistant.Com."

Yeah cause it's in F*CKING BETA, it's called beta for a reason which you don't seem to grasp, a BETA is NOT a fully released product , thus the name BETA but you are acting and charging like it is..
I will tell you something right now... your greed will be the downfall of this company, you used to not be like this but now you are loosing site of what feeds you and thats your customers.

Here let me help you out:

Beta

'Beta' is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to users for software testing before its official release. Beta testing allows the software to undergo usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.

A 'beta version' is the first version released outside the organization or community that develops the software, for the purpose of evaluation or real-world black/grey-box testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release. Beta level software generally includes all features, but may also include known issues and bugs of a less serious variety.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software. They receive the software for free or for a reduced price, but act as free testers.

You act so casual about it like everyone does it that way, yet I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER seen anyone do this!!

I'm not even all pissed about this what I am frickin lit up about is how you are charging the people who spend the most $$ with you more for updates then the cheap skates, thts what's pissing me off, this just adds to it.

If this is how you do business then give me my money back because this is pure BS!

jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:08 pm

"Put in big letters at top of the page of each of your products that you will be charging full price
for updates/upgrades every year"

Exactly and while you are at it put this as well:
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU CHOOSE TO SPEND THE SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS MORE ON THE ENTERPRISE VERSIONS THEN WE WILL ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE LOTS OF SPENDING $$$$$ AND WE WILL SUBSEQUENTLY BE CHARGING YOU 3X AS MUCH $$$$$ FOR UPDATES OVER WHAT WE CHARGE THE THE PRO VERSION CUSTOMERS FOR, BECAUSE THEY MUST NOT HAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU FREE SPENDERS DO AND WE ARE JUST GREEDY LIKE THAT.

Not only is this completely bs but your quality is going down as well. I can run the same query in rank tracker several times in a row and get different results each time, which is starting to make me wonder but I do love web auditor... but not enough to spend a grand a year with you when I can get just as good tools elsewhere without this ridiculous scheme you got going.

This sucks because I have bought all your tools and generally I like them but it's time to start looking at those who don't treat there customers like this.

Quote:
"Enjoy FREE updates for LIFE. (That's right, all the bug fixes, updates and enhancements are yours free of charge for life!) "
Technically right there you are saying free updates for life, you DO NOT specify that is only for the gui even though you mention the live plan later on, legally you are offering free updates for life in regards to the product as a collection. I know after I bought them and the first time I got a payment needed notice I was shocked because the site you were selling them on hand NO MENTION of that in anyways shape or form. Don't get me wrong I don't mind ponying up for updates but geez.

When my customers spend more $$ with me a give them bigger discounts on future updates not charge them more like you are.

And damn I got web auditor due in a few days and that's why I am so lit up. I guess I will take my enterprise version off & put the pro version back on and get the update and then put the enterprise version back on save the $150 which will pay for SEO Elite which includes all the tools and all the updates for life which includes new engine algorithms.

jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:18 pm

The other thing is that if the Live plan is just changing the antilogarithms then all the products are using the same update right? But again you are charging individually... bs

make the live upadte $99 a year which covers all the products which it should since it is the same update and not only will you have lots of happy customers (unlike me) but you will have a lot more as well which turns into more $$ that you make. Do it that way and at least you can hold your head high for running a decent company that isn't "quietly" ripping people off.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:31 pm

I am really sorry to see the whole thing getting so emotional, I will try to expalin it all again step by step.
Quote:
When we as your customers pay money for a product that is still in the testing and bug finding stages(aka beta), we should be at least be stroked a bit for not having a complete product.
Exactly that is why the program cost less while it was in beta. Moreover, we are always rewarding our most active beta testers and users who send a lot of helpful feedback. All of such active users already had their Live! Plans prolonged for free. If you took part in the early stages of WebSite Auditor beta testing and you feel that you have been left out, please contact our Support Team - your input is easy to check and we will definitely reward you in case we forgot previously.

And by the way, WebSite Auditor is several months since out of beta:

https://www.link-assistant.com/website- ... -list.html
Quote:
The other thing is that if the Live plan is just changing the antilogarithms then all the products are using the same update right?
No, every tool requires a different update, because they all use different search engine commands and work differently.
Quote:
Technically right there you are saying free updates for life, you DO NOT specify that is only for the gui even though you mention the live plan later on, legally you are offering free updates for life in regards to the product as a collection
On that very page we state that there are two kind of updates - functionality ones, that we provide for free, and the Live! Plan SE updates:

https://www.link-assistant.com/website- ... html#first
Quote:
I can run the same query in rank tracker several times in a row and get different results each time
This situation is pretty uncommon, but still it's possible. There are some plausible reasons for this:

- Google dance
- Your IP is changing for some reason from one query to another (for example, if you're using a rotating list of proxies on your computer)
- You have a "User Agents Rotation" function switched on in Rank Tracker - this makes Google think that every query you make is sent by different people - thus sometimes you may get a bit different results

Anyway, to understand what EXACTLY is going on, please contact our Support Team and tell what keyword and in what search engines you're trying to check - we'll test this issue and will do our best to fix it ASAP.
Quote:
save the $150 which will pay for SEO Elite which includes all the tools and all the updates for life which includes new engine algorithms.
Well, SEO Elite is something really special in this regard. Please, have a look the following URLs:

seoelite.com/index.htm offers you a $167 one-time fee for their tool.

seoelite.com/index2.htm demands a $47 monthly payment (annual $564)

seoelite.com/index3.htm asks for only 5 bucks but with a consecutive $47 monthly payments.

I can assure you that sooner or later in this or that form SEO Elite will make you pay half a grand a year for one tool, and that might be even a bigger surprise.

And that is only for the tool equivalent to our SEO SpyGlass (with some features of Rank Tracker) which is $260 a year with us...

Please, have a look at the comparison of our tools with other SEO software, you might get a better picture as to price/quality correlation:

https://www.link-assistant.com/seo-soft ... tools.html

Again, what I am saying is that independently of the functionality update side the SE-related updates have always been paid with Link-Assistant.Com tools. WebSite Auditor was released as a functional, public and commercial beta, and people used it in commercial purposes while it was in beta. So that is why (as we DO state on our website) we have started counting the Live! Plan time, while improving functionality and releasing fixing updates. At the same time we kept track of active beta testers and offered a decent discount.

Please, keep in mind that we always thank our users who contribute to the improvement of our software. We did that to WebSite Auditor beta testers, we are doing it now to LinkAssistant 3 beta testers. Again, if you feel that you are left out unrewarded for your active beta reporting activity, please contact us and we will extend your Live! Plan.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 3 [ 29 posts ]