Live Plan! for beta version
New Topic Add Reply
Page 2 of 3 [ 29 posts ]
jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Quote:
Exactly that is why the program cost less while it was in beta.
I agree, the PROGRAM should cost less in beta but the live plan shouldn't start until the PROGRAM is no longer in beta. That is how the rest of the world works. Just like when I finally installed seospyglass after I bought it and the first use said I needed to buy more, it got deleted right then and there.

When I build a site for a customer I don't charge them hosting until they are live and it is the same thing here. Thats basically the same thing since their site is in beta mode.
Quote:
And by the way, WebSite Auditor is several months since out of beta:
yeah and my plan is already due. Not even m$ does that kinda thing... and that is bad.... way bad
Quote:
Moreover, we are always rewarding our most active beta testers and users who send a lot of helpful feedback
great but some of us dont have time for that, hell its 8am here and I been up since 8am yesterday and still not done enough to go to bed. I'm not asking for rewards, I'm asking why you charge for service in beta when no one else on the face of the earth does. I'm on a dsl beta here but they aren't charging me a monthly fee for it, it doesn't start until it goes live.
Quote:
On that very page we state that there are two kind of updates - functionality ones, that we provide for free, and the Live! Plan SE updates:
yes and the very first one is misleading and clearly states free updates for life. I'm not asking for that just pointing it out because if someone took you to court over it they would win.
Quote:
seoelite.com/index.htm offers you a $167 one-time fee for their tool.

seoelite.com/index2.htm demands a $47 monthly payment (annual $564)
which is what... $1200 a year cheaper than yours?
Quote:
Please, have a look at the comparison of our tools with other SEO software, you might get a better picture as to price/quality correlation:
You can bet on that one already.
Quote:
we have started counting the Live! Plan time, while improving functionality and releasing fixing updates
It sure didn't say that when I bought it, matter of fact it didnt even say it was in beta.
Quote:
Please, keep in mind that we always thank our users who contribute to the improvement of our software.
Well everyone helps improve your software when they just buy it because it funds you to improve it. Just like charging for beta evan at a reduced price helps fund you until you get a release candidate out.

All this is getting way off course of why I was even mad to start with. That was just about that with web auditor I will have to pay around $550 for this year compared to a pro user at less than $200 so I pay $350 for one program to print. I don't mind the extra gui cost but the extra updates are screwed and you will lose me as a customer over that.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Quote:
which is what... $1200 a year cheaper than yours?
Twice more expensive. Half a grand per year for just one tool, while our ENT version of any tool is $246.

Anyways,

WebSite Auditor Professional: $87 + $79 for one year of Live! Plans = $166
WebSite Auditor Enterprise: $267 + $246 for one year of Live! Plans = $513

The difference between the Professional and the Enterprise version is $347 - and taking into account that the Enterprise version is being used by SEO companies (and we all know costs of search engine optimization services), this means that this difference will be covered MANY TIMES even from one customer who orders your SEO services. And then you can provide all the same services for the whole year practically for free.

jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:10 am

Quote:
Twice more expensive. Half a grand per year for just one tool, while our ENT version of any tool is $246.
well no because you are only accounting for 1 of your 4 tools whereas the others are all inclusive.

I do understand some seo companies will use this and make money and it would have been much smarter of you to have different versions depending on use. All I wanted enterprise for is to print reports because the software is pretty useless without it.

Again I don't mind the $$ for the gui to get that feature but your explanation on why you charge almost 4x as much for the same update as pro is still bs. You should charge more for the gui but not the updates.

Ok look at it like this:
Lets say you and your friend want to buy web sites from me & I offer 1 web site in 2 versions. I have a budget one (like your pro version) and I have a deluxe version(like your enterprise) which is the same site but you get an additional feature.. like let say you get a nifty flash banner, the budget version is $870 & the deluxe version is $2,670.

You decide on the deluxe version for $2,670 & your buddy picks the budget version at $870 and with both of them you get 6 free months of hosting(like your 6 free months of live updates).

Lets say it takes 5 months to build and test your web sites (like your beta) and they go live and 1 months later you both get a hosting bill from me for the next year. But you thought you got 6 months free hosting and that you should have 5 months left because the site just went live 1 month ago but I say "well no your hosting started being charged the second you signed up". Now wouldn't you be pissed that you had to pay for that while the site was being built? (like you charging for updates while you are in beta)

Ok so you and your buddy get your hosting bill and you both have the exact same hosting plan and your bills are:

$790 your friend
$2,460 you

So now wouldn't you be pissed because you now have to pay almost 4x the amount because you chose the deluxe version of the site so now you have to pay 4x as much for hosting even though you and your buddy are on the same hosting plan & you don't receive any additional features.

So now you are pissed and call me and I tell you "well in order to be able to sell it to your friend at that price I have to increase your price" (because that's what you told me).

So be honest and tell me... would you not be pissed as hell?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:52 pm

jamwerx,

I understand. However, your comparison with websites is a bit different. Enterprise versions of our software are sold mostly to people who earn money doing SEO. They export the reports using the Enterprise license and basically re-sell them.

I can see that you feel you should not be treated as such, and I guess you are not one. If that is really true, please contact our Customer support ( https://www.link-assistant.com/support/ ) and we will definitely figure out a convenient way to proceed with you.

P.S. just to make sure you get it all right:
Quote:
well no because you are only accounting for 1 of your 4 tools whereas the others are all inclusive.
SEO Elite doubles one of our tools - SEO SpyGlass + some functions of Rank Tracker. It's not all inclusive. Onpage optimization and link building are not covered by that tool at all.

jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:27 pm

thanks for the reply.

Actually the web site comparison still is relevant because you could be making no $$, some $$ or a lot of $$ off of it. I don't charge by how much a site makes or doesn't make. You are just saying that the potential is there to make a lot of money. But then again I can go buy a saw and some lumber and I could end up wasting it or making something for myself or making a one of a kind wood carving of dolly partons tits that sells for 10 trillion dollars, And by your logic that means that the lumber store can charge me a reg price or triple my price just in case i make money off of it. And then when I come back for supplies to work on it the they can charge me 4x as much as the guy next to me because "i might" make $$ on it.

"and I guess you are not one. "
I have a lot of customers but I only do this on a few and I do it as a professional courtesy with little or no charge. And yes that is my problem for not charging. But if I buy all your tools it will cost me more each year than buying a new version of Adobes suite every year.

I understand what you are doing with your charging but IMO you should be charging more for the gui and keeping the updates the same price. If you read the fair consumers act you will see a section that states something to the effect of "you can't charge 2 people vastly different amounts for the same service or goods". What that was written for is say for example if you are a phone company that you can't charge a lower income area one charge and a high income area a higher charge for the same service just because they make more money." Which is kind of the same thing that you are doing.

You can charge more and should charge more for a gui that has more features but the updates are the same for both so you shouldn't be charging more for that unless like the gui you get more of an update or something.

But it is your company and you can do what you want but I have dropped enough money with you to at least voice my opinion. If I were to get caught doing this my ass would end up in a court room really quick.

Maybe I am totally out of line and I wish others would chime in on what they think.

jamwerx

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:29 pm

easy solution:

basic version
webmaster version
Enterprise version

InternetDominus

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:29 am

I see that you have decided to reduce live plan prices for Rank Tracker.

https://www.link-assistant.com/rank-tra ... ml?regKey=

Compared to these high prices that Google cache still shows.

My questions is when will prices for SEO Spy Glass, and Website Auditor be changed as well? As they are still just too high?

BTW, I tried to buy live plan for Rank Tracker, and my key was not allowed.

It kept telling to enter a valid Key, and I do.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:30 pm

InternetDominus

You are linking to pages for 2 different rates - Enterprise and Professional, so that is no price change, just two different rates.

Also, the fact that you can't pay for your Live! Plan means the same - make sure you are entering your key to corresponding version - whether Professional or Enterprise.

makabraboone

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Haven't been here for some time but after reading this topic just couldn't but put my 2 cents. You know, guys, your conversation reminds me of all those wholly wars like Windows/Linux, Commercial/OpenSource, and so on :)

jamwerx, you want to pay LESS for updates, but you want to use Enterprise version to make MORE money yourself, right? Why don't you use Excel and your hands then - thus you'll be paying less? Why do you blame anyone but yourself?

LinkAssistant, you're st*pid and should stay away from business if you can't explain your customers WHY is this difference in prices between different versions. But I think that the market will kill you itself in case you'll be developing your software (which is pretty good, BTW) only, but won't be selling it.

jamwerx, open your eyes - take a look at somel other thing, and you'll see that these LinkAssistant guys are angels :) Look...
- in Windows Vista Starter Edition you can run no more than 3 different applications at the same time - this is a totally artificial limitation, have you already asked Microsoft to remove this limitation?

- ppl sell a screensaver for $999 - so do you think I should put that guy in jail because I think that his prices are just f*cking too expensive? ( and believe me, I DO think so ;))

- The Million Dollar Homepage turned to be a big bubble, but... What did that guy do? - Right, he started another similar bubble-site ;)

- the SEO Elite sample above with 3 different prices for THE SAME peice of software (under the same name and the same version, and from the same website) - the only thing you could say is "$1200 a year cheaper than yours". You know, make up your mind: are you a Robin Hood fighting for the truth, or maybe you're just a greedy Scrooge McDuck who makes 2 pages of useless postings just to save 20 bucks a month?

jamwerx, most of your posts remind me of those wonderful "Dear Adobe" posts:

# Why does the Acrobat Reader take two minutes to launch, and require updates twice a month, just to display PDF pages?

# Please stop annoying me with installer updates when all I want to do is view PDFs in my browser.

# Lower your prices

# Stop creating new features and make your software fast, stable and straightforward.

# Why does Photoshop cost as much as a pre-owned small car? Drop the price !!

etc :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like LinkAssistant's tools, these guys helped me a lot. I suppose they can charge as much as they want, and if you don't like it - just go and get that SEO Elite/Keyword Elite/Affiliate Elite/all the other BS for just $47/months :D

***2 admin***
admin, pls do not ban my account on this forum - I'm not sure if my words are acceptable here, but I can change some words if necessary, or you can just delete this post.

Maurice

Senior

Senior
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 am

my first topic on this: seo-talk/post4099.html

I agree with jamwerx -
we bought the entreprise versions only for the reports you can make with it, but for the live! plan we must pay three times as much then pro and that for every programm! It will cost us more than 1000 dollar to have working programs only for to have this extra feature.

Like jamwerx said:
make an in between version (webmaster) because we are not selling those reports and dont earn is money directly with it.
If this doesnt happen we gonna switch back to the pro version (if thats possible anyway) because the amount you charge for the updates is way out of proportion!

Like to hear some from support..
(oh yeah) you giving away good deals for ex. website auditior but now I know why.. pff! :cry:

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 2 of 3 [ 29 posts ]