Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Links with high Penalty Risk lead to Godaddy landing page
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
papertower

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:33 pm

I just scanned a website with SEO Spyglass and it returned 782 links with a Penalty Risk of 70% or higher. I tried to visit some of the links so I could request removal and I began to realize that almost all of the links I tried to visit led me to a Godaddy landing page. I don't understand why Spyglass would find these links and then just a few minutes later I am not able to view them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:03 am

papertower wrote:
I just scanned a website with SEO Spyglass and it returned 782 links with a Penalty Risk of 70% or higher. I tried to visit some of the links so I could request removal and I began to realize that almost all of the links I tried to visit led me to a Godaddy landing page. I don't understand why Spyglass would find these links and then just a few minutes later I am not able to view them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

It is possible that the links that you try to visit might have been removed already. Try to re-verify every link in your project: select all backlinks in your project - click the Update Factors button and then in the list of factors choose to update the Page Info factor only. After that check the status of those links, most probably it will show 'No, Link Missing' status.

papertower

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:17 pm

LinkAssistant wrote:
It is possible that the links that you try to visit might have been removed already.

I guess It is possible that the links have been removed already, but it would be a crazy coincidence. Less than 24 hours after the initial scan, I re-verified every link in the project (by updating the Page Info factor as recommended) and the project went from 782 links with a Penalty Risk of 70% or higher to 0. Maybe all of those links were taken down in less that 24 hours, but it seems unlikely. Any others ideas?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:07 am

papertower wrote:
I guess It is possible that the links have been removed already, but it would be a crazy coincidence. Less than 24 hours after the initial scan, I re-verified every link in the project (by updating the Page Info factor as recommended) and the project went from 782 links with a Penalty Risk of 70% or higher to 0. Maybe all of those links were taken down in less that 24 hours, but it seems unlikely. Any others ideas?

The thing is that when you create the project the status of every link is taken from our database - this is the status which was last seen by our crawlers that visited that link. But this might be up to 2-3 month ago. So, it is possible that some of the links might have been already removed.

That is why if you need to see the real time results - you need to update the Page Info factor, so that software will recheck every link individually.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]