Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Links that don't exist in search console
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]
David Sorauer

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:01 am

SEO Spyglass seems to find links that don't exist in Google Search Console. These links are displayed as "remain". How is this possible?

Is there any way to verify these links actually exist (manual checking isn't possible)?

Thanks,
David.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:54 pm

You can verify your backlinks by selecting them in the workspace -> click Update Backlinks -> choose to update Backlink page Info. the result of the update will be displayed in the Links Back column.

David Sorauer

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Thanks for the reply. Is it really possible for SEO Spyglass to list links that aren't listed in the Google search console?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:36 pm

When SEO SpyGlass imports backlinks into your project from different resources it adds a specific tag to each backlink where it indicates where exactly this backlink has been found. So by checking the Tags column you may see where each link has been collected from.

David Sorauer

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Thanks.

They're all tagged: "SEO PowerSuite Link Explorer" and don't exist in Google search console.

gpetar

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:46 pm

I am having the same problem, thousands of link that don't exist. When I manually check give URL,my link is not there.
What is going on?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:33 am

gpetar wrote:
I am having the same problem, thousands of link that don't exist. When I manually check give URL,my link is not there.
What is going on?

It may really happen that a link reported by SpyGlass may no longer exist on a website. The time span between the visits of our web-crawlers to the same web-page may reach up to 1 month or more, so, within this period a link might be removed from a website.

gpetar

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:55 pm

LinkAssistant wrote:

It may really happen that a link reported by SpyGlass may no longer exist on a website. The time span between the visits of our web-crawlers to the same web-page may reach up to 1 month or more, so, within this period a link might be removed from a website.

OK.I understand. So what is the solution?then. How to clean all that mess. I mean, the same applies to competition then and we could look to the wrong competition analysis

pixelangry

Senior

Senior
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:12 pm

The problem, and it is for you not to renew the program anymore, is that Webmeup is not a reliable source of data. I had presented the problem 3 months ago that on 115 actual domains I was seeing 197, and you said that at the next update it would have been cleaned. The next update, instead of cleaning, shows me 490 of which 340 have never existed and are invented. As far as I'm concerned, if you do not change a data provider, I will not renew anything.

gpetar

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:15 am

Can I use some other "engine" instead of yours?
thanks

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]