Link Assistant Eval, few more issues
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]
inboulder

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:55 am

Hi,
Couple more things I've noticed as I've played around with the program.

I figured out how to do shift+click to open in default browser, so all is good on that point.

I'm trying to figure out a way to import/export linkassistant data so more than one person can work on a project and sync up later. Currently from what I can tell the 'import' function is broken, it cannot import all data from another project, it only imports a few fields. Example:
Import -> another project -> select which urls page
this page does not show any 'page to check' data or page pr on the screen and sure enough on import they don't show up either, perhaps I'm missing something, is there a way to import data correctly?

Without a way to import or export data (never mind import+overwrite) in pieces, it seems like it will be impossible to split up work because we'd be tied to using one file with no way of combining any work. (versioning like svn wont work w/ simul changes etc)

Also, if dupes get added is there a way to automatically find them and color them or give an option for the newest or most complete info to overwrite the dupe? I'm thinking of a scenario when someone updates a couple hundred 'partners' and then you want to use their data to update a 'master' file, is this possible?

The export functionality also seems to be a bit lacking, there doesn't appear to be a way to export the data in the order it appears on the screen, maybe I'm missing something? Also, it would be nice if links defaulted to links, though it's great the user can manipulate the template.

I also tried to edit the xml in xmlspy as a way to edit data, however special characters give it problems and make the file invalid like 'weird char'name> instead of </name>, this might just be an xmlspy parsing problem though, not sure if the ascii set is wrong or?
Being able to reimport by xml, csv, or text would be great too.

It would be nice if there was a way to edit directly on the grid view, like excel. Hitting enter, then clicking the field, then highlighting it, then changing it, then clicking ok is going to slow things down. I'm not sure what java GUI you're using, but I hope there's an editable grid control.

Thanks in advance for any help with these issues. I'm sure many of them are just my noobness with linkassistant. :)

Cheers,
Kyle

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]