Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Limiting links per domain in imported links
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
portes

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 am

Hi, in SEO SpyGlass if a csv has multiple links from the same domain, the option to only import X links per domain (in collection settings) doesn't limit that. 100's of links from the same domain would be imported.

There is a way to filter that after the links are imported?

I could filter them before, in the csv, but if I have 4 different link sources, and I set that there can be 3 links from the same domain in each csv, we get 12 links from that domain.

So the limit has to be when importing the new links -if there are already 3 links from one domain, didn't import any link for that domain- or you can also have an option to re-filter all the links to apply the limit/domain configuration.

Please let me know if you have a solution to this problem. Thank you!

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:30 am

Unfortunately, the 'Links per domain' filter works only when the software is importing the results from our database when you are creating or rebuilding your project. This filter does not work when you try to import from a CSV. I have submitted a feature request to change this, but meanwhile you would need to filter those results either in CSV or directly in your SpyGlass project manually.

portes

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Thank you for the reply. Ok, I understand. Luckly I wasn't blind and it wasn't my fault that I didn't find that option!

At least in my case, that option could save me a lot of time, and in the programming side of things, it's rather trivial to implement. So if you are able to make it, that would be awesome!

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]