Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Keywords Meta Tag
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]
bermuda

Senior

Senior
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Many webmasters still add the keywords meta tag to their web pages, hoping to win better ranks because they still assume search engines examine the tag but the reality is that Google and other major search engines such as Yahoo and Bing no longer use keywords tag.

Instead of adding that tag to your web pages, the better idea is to write unique content pages and try to cover the selected keywords. Writing naturally and with reasonable keyword densities can be a great idea, then use links to improve rankings of your site.

shg

Senior

Senior
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:13 am

Well i would be interested to see the reference that says that google is no more interested in keyword tag. You still have to do that because that is the way you are guiding to robot but yes it may be not as important as it was before but still it is necessary to have it on your site

fredric12

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 pm

But Keyword meta tags doesn't work allot in modern SEO.

Venus Brown

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:12 am

Agree with the fact that Google no longer takes meta keywords as a ranking signals. But I doubt that Yahoo still does.
Can you please share a link explaining Yahoo too ignores meta keywords?

beatrixtuffy

Senior

Senior
Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:03 am

It's true, search engine doesn't use the keywords meta tag in our web search ranking because search engines judged pages only on the content of web pages, but the keyword meta tag is useful the use of an HTTP response header.

marybalogh

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Keyword meta tag can be used in article and classified but my suggestion is that you only post one keyword in blog, it is sufficient...

sarah maegan

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Yes true. Keywords meta tags has become an old tactic and nowadays people don't use it exactly as the copycat competitors are keen on looking to it.

tomhank

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:59 am

Bermuda, thanks for sharing the information. It is quite useful.

Nel

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:58 am

I guess it has some importance to some extent and it gives some boost up in improving ranking. But now the updates have been changed and as we knew that it doesn't leave some more impression in improving and has minor impact on this.

Jayeed

Senior

Senior
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks for this great speech that instead of adding meta tag to any web pages, the better and effective idea for modern SEO is to write unique content and try to cover targeted keywords.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]