Keyword Ranking Report is Different from SERP
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]
McShawn

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi,

I manually checked the rankings of my keywords on SERP and compared it with the rankings from the RT Report. I noticed that there is a BIG difference in the ranking of some of the keywords. The report is saying that one keyword in on the 2nd page but when I checked on SERP, it's on the fourth page. And it's not just with one keyword, it's like that for 3 of the keywords that I used.

What could be causing this inconsistency?

Regards,
Shawn

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:07 am

The inconsistency can be caused by different locations. When Rank Tracker is checking rankings it uses proxies from our anti-block system, while the results that you see in your browser can be localized for your current physical location, therefore, they can be different. So, to avoid this, you may enable advanced search engine settings in Rank Tracker to check rankings for your specific city. Please, have a look how to do that:

https://www.link-assistant.com/help/ran ... kings.html

The second reason might be the personal search history that may affect your ranking results in your browser. So, if you try to compare results with Rank Tracker make sure you enable the incognito mode in your external browser.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]