Is the new update working?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]
Phil

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:28 am

Hi Link assistant admin

My Spyglass prompts me to update my version 2.07 to 2.08 when I launch it. I went to the update page and downloaded the recommended zip file. I unzipped it and installed the software into my original spyglass folder. I realised, when reading the install.txt doc, that I had downloaded version 2.07, and so changed nothing about my installation.

Is it something I'm doing wrong? I use the program on a daily basis, so some advice would be useful.

Thanks.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:12 am

Firstly, I've just rechecked everything myself -- I see version 2.0.8 on the server. Seems like you saved the distrib somewhere else on your local computer, and reinstalled the previously downloaded distrib.

Secondly, what's your Operating System: Windows, Mac OS or Linux?

Thirdly, did ANYONE ELSE experience the same problem today??? :?: :!: Please reply...

Phil

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:54 am

I use the Windows XP OS. I used your "windows" link to download, received a zip file, extracted it, and found the 2.07 version installation.

Two other people I work with received the same file, which I think was not so much an update, but the original version. I don't think it's only me having the problem, and I think I installed it properly, although I say it under correction. Could you please check your "windows" link to see if it goes to the correct location, or tell me the address I should be using?

Thanks again.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:19 pm

Today we have received lots of emails from people saying that "the software works again!". Seems like the problem is on your end :(

Anyway, here's a direct download link:
https://www.link-assistant.com/download ... yglass.zip

Plus, make sure you are not behind some kind of a caching proxy server which caches previously received data, and doesn't allow you to download a new version. :?

Please tell me if this helps.

Phil

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi again

Ok you were absolutely correct, I had an old cached version coming through from an internal caching system, so problem is solved, I now have the update installed, thank you very much for the support and consideration!

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:52 pm

Glad to hear you solved the problem, Phil. :D

Please do not hesitate to post your questions and problems here any time -- I'll be glad to help! ;)

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]