Inconsistent link totals in SEOSpyglass
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
srtllc

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Hello,

I have tried using SEO SpyGlass multiple times to discover backlinks to specific URLs, but in nearly every case there are numerous links not discovered.

When I compare results to Majestic or Ahrefs there are often hundreds of links not discovered.

Also, the summary page frequently does not reflect the links found by the tool.

I have properly followed all the instructions on how to use SEO SpyGlass, and I am not receiving any errors while using the tool.

I have sent in multiple project files to support, but regardless of the advice, I cannot get SEO Spyglass to report back accurate results.

Is this something anyone else is experiencing?
Perhaps someone else on these forums can advise me of something they do to achieve better results than I am now?

Thanks,

Sean

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:56 am

Bu default the report stats is based on the number of links which have been found in our internal SEO SpyGlass Explorer database. If you wish to reflect the number of bakclinks which are present in your project, you need to open Preferences - Project Preferences and switch from SEO SpyGlass Explorer to Project in the dropdown list.

Concerning the number of backlinks which are found by SpyGlass. If you have submitted your backlinks not so long ago, this is quite common that some of them might not have been found by SEO SpyGlass yet because it takes some time until our crawlers find and index all your new backlinks.

Also, when you compare the results with other external tools like Ahrefs, please, keep in mind that they often provide a lot of duplicates in their reports, so the real number of links is much lower than usually reported. In Seo Spyglass we try to exclude all duplicates which makes the total number of results lower, than in similar services.

venkatweetz

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:53 am

I have analyzed this website godigitally.in

With following tools

Ahref
MOZ
And SEOSpyglass.

Above all three are showing different results.

result from SEO Spy glass is very poor.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Most probably your website links have been submitted just a few weeks ago, thus, have not been found by our cralwers yet. With time you will see more results for it.

also, keep in mind that Ahrefs quite often includes pretty many duplicates, so the number of links reported by Ahrefs in most cases is not what you really have too.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]