New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]
from_germany

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi!

Here are my feature requests regarding email functionality:

- Improve email verification: I often get email addresses like "somename@somedomain.defoo". In this case it is obvious that the correct email is "somename@somedomain.de" without the added "foo" at the end. A correction of all those wrong email addresses could easily be implemented by checking if the TLD of an email address is valid or if there's something attached like "foo" in my example. Please build a functionality that strips that "foo" at the end of email addresses.

- Skip duplicate email addresses: When searching for new partners I wish there was a checkbox to "skip duplicate partners by email address". Whenever LA finds a new potential partner that has an email address that has already been found before I want LA to skip this partner. This could be done by adding every single email address automatically to the block list to make sure every partner is emailed only once.

scanreg

Small God

Small God
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Quote:
- Skip duplicate email addresses: When searching for new partners I wish there was a checkbox to "skip duplicate partners by email address". Whenever LA finds a new potential partner that has an email address that has already been found before I want LA to skip this partner. This could be done by adding every single email address automatically to the block list to make sure every partner is emailed only once.
There is a slight issue with this, some link reps will use the same email address but be promoting multiple websites

from_germany

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 am

Quote:
There is a slight issue with this, some link reps will use the same email address but be promoting multiple websites
Yes I know. This is why the feature should be optional. Even if a webmaster has multiple websites I want to send him only one email. There are webmasters that have 10 or more websites and when they receive 10 emails from me at once they are feeling mailbombed (with good reason).

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks for the feature requests from Germany ;)
Quote:
A correction of all those wrong email addresses could easily be implemented by checking if the TLD of an email address is valid or if there's something attached like "foo" in my example.
Actually it's not always possible to verify the part after @ because not all mail servers are accessible through a web interface. Having e-mail accounts registered at a company domain doesn't necessarily mean that the owners will be willing to pay for supporting a website at this URL as well.
Quote:
Whenever LA finds a new potential partner that has an email address that has already been found before I want LA to skip this partner.
If there are several websites associated with the same e-mail address, LinkAssistant leaves it up to a webmaster to choose the most suitable one for link exchange (for example, the one that's equipped with a link submission form or the most topically related one). Once it has been chosen, the rest of the URLs can be easily removed from a project and added to the excluded partner list so LinkAssistant won't suggest them as link partners any more.

zackb

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:59 pm

I agree that having duplicate emails is a problem. (same if a www. and non-www. sneaks in there)..

What do you think about having an option to find duplicate entries?

For example.. if there is two of anything, they show up, so shifting through them is easier and faster.

-Z

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Quote:
It shouldn't be too hard to do it manually if you sort the entries by the "Partner Email" column. You'll review the websites anyways before adding links to the them to your link directory, won't you?

MuchoMacho

Senior

Senior
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Quote:
Quote:
It shouldn't be too hard to do it manually if you sort the entries by the "Partner Email" column. You'll review the websites anyways before adding links to the them to your link directory, won't you?
I would still prefer an option that shows you all duplicates. I comb the list as best as I can but one less thing to worry about when combing lists is a plus.

I also agree with the problem of www. and http:// being treated as two separate partners.

As for verifying the part after the @, surely you can run domains against a check to make sure tlds are correct, right? .defoo is not a valid TLD, so whatever it is, someone.defoo, nothing.defoo, etc defoo should always be excluded. Same goes with .comm and .comiforgottohitspacebutton.

I think these are valuable suggestions that are being shrugged off.

szita2000

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 am

Quote:
I would still prefer an option that shows you all duplicates. I comb the list as best as I can but one less thing to worry about when combing lists is a plus.
Could that not be sorted with a simple color change? anything that is found to be a duplicate e-mail address, would show up with a different color. Still need to comb through, but would make it a lot easier to spot duplicates.

shimrannn

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:12 am

There should be one button to remove the Duplicate emails in one click or it should highlight the duplicates by clicking one single button , so that we can remove them easily.

It is also taking Duplicate partners , in my software , i m having a domain 12 times ,whenever I search and import, it takes all domain inspite of being already included in the link directory , which is completely Sad

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:15 pm

shimrannn wrote:
There should be one button to remove the Duplicate emails in one click or it should highlight the duplicates by clicking one single button

Thanks for your suggestion. We have forwarded it to our business analysts for further consideration. ;)

shimrannn wrote:
It is also taking Duplicate partners , in my software , i m having a domain 12 times ,whenever I search and import

All you need to do to exclude duplicates when searching for prospective link partners/ importing them is to uncheck 'Allow duplicated link partners' box.

Here are the detailed instructions on how to do that:

1. Click "Search" to access the "Find link partners" menu;
2. Specify the method of partner search and check the "Enable expert options" box (IMPORTANT!). Click "Next";
3. Follow the wizard and when you get to 'Get Additional Partner Information' window, please make sure that you uncheck 'Allow duplicated link partners' box!
4. Complete the process and process to searching your partners.

When importing the list of your partners, you also need to unchek this box when you get to 'Get Additional Partner Information' window.

Hope you find this info useful.

;)

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]