Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Hreflang with sitemaps
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
portes

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi, I know that you can manually add pages and then set alternate languages pages to have them in the sitemaps.xml

If I have a page in es-MX and I add two alternative pages in es-ES and es-PE, then I will have that in the sitemap for MX.

But then I will need to go to es-ES and add es-MX and es-PE as alternative and generate a new sitemap.

And then the same for es-PE as the main page for a new sitemap.

That process for each URL is too much time. Is there a way to do it automatically?

My setup are different subdomains, one for each language, for example:
mx.example.com
es.example.com
pe.example.com

What would I need to do to have one sitemap for each subdomain, with each page having the correct alternative page.

Thanks

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 pm

I am afraid, there is no easy workaround for your problem, other than to create each sitemap XML version manually.

portes

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:36 pm

Thanks, I understand. Is there an easy way to crawl a website, gather current hreflang setup (from html), and export that same configuration to a sitemap, without doing the relationship within languages manually?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:59 pm

You may export current hreflang values from a project in Website Auditor. Add the 'Page Hreflang Values' column into the workspace:

https://sc.link-assistant.com/db/54a84e ... 7ca90e.png

and then export this table into CSV.

Unfortunately, there is no option how you may add this table into a sitemap file, at least, not in WebSite Auditor.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]