Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

How to get past 40,000 backlinks
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]
psd2014

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi, I need to check the backlinks of a domain but I can't seem to get past 40,000 links. Is there away to get past this number using Spyglass?

Alawi

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:31 am

There is no such tool that will provide you the complete details of your backlinks. Why are you forcing to past 40,000 backlinks?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Alawi wrote:
There is no such tool that will provide you the complete details of your backlinks. Why are you forcing to past 40,000 backlinks?

Unfortunately, due to certain technical limitations it is currently impossible to find more than 40K backlinks in SEO SpyGlass. Basically, this is caused by the fact that SEO spyGlass is a desktop application, so it depends pretty much on the restrictions which Java puts in memory usage.

psd2014

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:40 am

Ok thanks for the replies. The problem I have is the site I'm looking at has a lot of backlinks from one site (footer link, although it seems to have been removed) and this is stopping me from seeing the other links coming to that site.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:16 am

psd2014 wrote:
he problem I have is the site I'm looking at has a lot of backlinks from one site (footer link, although it seems to have been removed) and this is stopping me from seeing the other links coming to that site.

We already have a task in our to-do list, which will let you enable SpyGlass collect only 1 link per domain, so in this case you will be able to collect many more links from other domains too.

bkonia

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:19 am

I'm having the same issues. SEO Spyglass collects 40,000 links and then stops. Unfortunately, most of those links are from a handful of domains, so it's probably missing a lot of other links from other domains. It also makes the program unbearably slow when it has to process 40,000 links.

I like the idea of a setting to limit the number of links per domain, but I want to be able to specify this limit, not have it arbitrarily set to ONE link per domain, as was indicated in the above reply. For instance, if the user could set the limit to 10 or 100 links per domain, that would solve the problem of domains containing many thousands of links, while still providing a good sampling of links from each domain.

A related issue, which another user pointed out, is when you group by domain, it doesn't give you any statistical information about the domain as a whole. At the very least, it should display the total number of links from the domain. It would also be nice if it could aggregate some of the other data to provide a domain-level summary for items like Link Value, Link Risk, etc... Domain Link Value could be calculated by adding the link values for all the links from that domain. Domain Link Risk could be calculated by averaging the value of the Link Risk for all the links, etc...

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:29 am

Let me please assure you that we already have this problem in our to-do list, so most probably the feature to select number of backlinks per domain will appear in the future updates.

therankingexpert

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:21 am

there is no such tool who can give you all backlinks detail. you can check it manually in serch engine by typing your homepage url.

SEOCompany

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:32 am

I am satisfied with SEO powersuite providing the backlinks. Yes, it's limited to 40000, but providing such a huge no is not also that bad! If some update comes, then will be more happy!!!

saharmohamedali

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:34 am

Ok thanks for the replies. The problem I have is the site I'm looking at has a lot of backlinks from one site (footer link, although it seems to have been removed) and this is stopping me from seeing the other links coming to that site.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]