How to check Status from Anchor URL
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]
mic80

Senior

Senior
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi,
How can i easily check the status from the anchor urls in seo spyglass.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:00 am

mic80 wrote:

The Anchor URL status is checked by updating the Page Info factor.

mic80

Senior

Senior
Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:00 pm

LinkAssistant wrote:
mic80 wrote:

The Anchor URL status is checked by updating the Page Info factor.

Hi,
i dont understand exactly what you mean.
I want to test the status of the Anchor URL in seo spyglass if the URL is allive.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:46 am

mic80 wrote:
I want to test the status of the Anchor URL in seo spyglass if the URL is allive.

The Anchor URL in spyglass shows the URL of your website to which that links points. SpyGlass does not check the status of the URLs of your website, because this is not the purpose of the software. If you wish to check the status codes of your website you need to use the Website Auditor software.

mic80

Senior

Senior
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:43 am

LinkAssistant wrote:
mic80 wrote:

The Anchor URL in spyglass shows the URL of your website to which that links points. SpyGlass does not check the status of the URLs of your website, because this is not the purpose of the software. If you wish to check the status codes of your website you need to use the Website Auditor software.

Thats laborious.
So, i must copy all data from spyglass to excel because you can not copy only the anchor url. Then from excel to website audito and past in. Then check if there are dead links and then go back to spyglass and search vor all singles dead links?
There must be a better workaround.
I think to check the status of the anchor url should be a part of spyglass

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:56 pm

mic80 wrote:
Then check if there are dead links and then go back to spyglass and search vor all singles dead links?

Sorry, but what your describe is not checking for dead links. Anchor URL - is the url of your website to which the backlinks is pointing. But even if it points to some non-existing page it does not mean that the backlink itself is dead. If you wish to check the status of the link (dead or alive) you just need to update the Page Info factor in SpyGlass for that backlinks - and the software will show if the backlink still exists or not. But the validity of a link has nothing to do with checking its Anchor URLs. Anchor URL just shows where the backlink is pointing.

mic80

Senior

Senior
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:09 pm

LinkAssistant wrote:
But the validity of a link has nothing to do with checking its Anchor URLs. Anchor URL just shows where the backlink is pointing.

When i have 1.000 Backlinks and more. All are checked, have good metrics and the links are alive. But most of the Links are pointing to a site that doesnt exist. Whats the benefit? I think its good to know which anchor url ist not avalible to fix this. And the easist way is to check the status in Spyglass, or?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:55 am

mic80 wrote:
When i have 1.000 Backlinks and more. All are checked, have good metrics and the links are alive. But most of the Links are pointing to a site that doesnt exist. Whats the benefit? I think its good to know which anchor url ist not avalible to fix this. And the easist way is to check the status in Spyglass, or?

SpyGlass is checkingonly the status of the link itself. If you want to make sure that all pages of your website are still valid and available, you need to verify them in the WebSite Auditor tool.

mic80

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:59 pm

LinkAssistant wrote:
mic80 wrote:

SpyGlass is checkingonly the status of the link itself. If you want to make sure that all pages of your website are still valid and available, you need to verify them in the WebSite Auditor tool.

Thats what i have said, too. But it is very uncomfortable and the Software should make my work a lot easier. So why can you not add such a function to spyglass?

atiqursumon

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:35 am

Please take it and say something.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]